Talk

Advanced search

Anyone found a good alternative to Clinique Dram. Different?

(9 Posts)
InmyheadIminParis Tue 20-Oct-09 17:12:13

Hello all,

I'm a newbie on this topic so I thought I'd first say 'hi'.

I've been a clinique d.d. devotee for years (too many to mention) but what with two wee ones, etc, I just don't seem to be able to stomach the shock price any more wink. I've just run out of my last lot (bought in US). So (sorry if this has been asked before!) has anyone found a good (i.e. cheaper) alternative?

InmyheadIminParis Wed 21-Oct-09 12:47:42

bump!

HuwEdwards Wed 21-Oct-09 12:50:19

Hi! I am a devotee too, and sorry no, not found anything that comes close!

veryconfusedandupset Wed 21-Oct-09 13:39:30

I love it too, but I'm using alot less of it and other skin products since I started washing all of myself ( face and body) with aqueous cream. I used to have to use 2 spurts from the pump in the day time and at night, plus loads of body lotion. I work for a care charity and lots of the care assistants use aqueous cream because it is very cheap and it works wonders for your skin. So, for £2 I buy a big tub and use it in the shower and watered down on my face, then I rub more on when I come out ( it is great for your cleavage area) and after a couple of weeks all my dry areas had completely gone, and I only have to use one spurt of DDML when I put my make up on. i keep a tube of E45 to hand for any dry bits that might resurface. My last lot of DDML has lasted for about twice as long as usual I would certainly recommend this for anyone with dry skin and no money!

InmyheadIminParis Wed 21-Oct-09 15:01:48

That sounds as though it might be worth giving it a go. Thank you.
Anyone else?

brimfull Wed 21-Oct-09 15:03:37

Aldi do a fab face cream .

teameric Wed 21-Oct-09 15:07:03

nivea soft is just as nice

InmyheadIminParis Thu 22-Oct-09 11:43:27

Thanks - my skin seems to react badly to Nivea, but what's the Aldi face cream? I don' think there's an Aldi near here, though.
Any other suggestions?

notamumyetbutoneday Thu 22-Oct-09 13:00:20

I used to use the Clinique Moisture surge gel (sigh) but now use Loreal Hyfrafresh ( I cant remeber EXACT name as there is a blue one and a pink one, I use the pink). I would say its fine, I have clear smooth skin but thats prob because of exfoliation etc as well. Its not as good as Clinique but Ill keep using it, been using it for a year now. only £7 ish in superdrug, lasts ages.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now