Talk

Advanced search

Pink & brown, thumbs up or thumbs down?

(18 Posts)
LetThemEatCake Tue 20-Oct-09 16:57:33

I bought this in raspberry before my self-imposed clothing ban came into force (so don't have a go at me) and am thinking chocolate tights and boots - would that be good or am I getting my desserts mixed up with my wardrobe?

BoysAreLikeDogs Tue 20-Oct-09 17:09:47

not brown, tsk

black

lovely tunic though

HTH

bodycolder Tue 20-Oct-09 17:12:57

Def brown black too harsh and a bit dated.Slightly clashing tights dresses and shoes looks very stylish and pretty.Grey would be lovely too

traceybath Tue 20-Oct-09 17:14:35

Brown definitely.

LetThemEatCake Tue 20-Oct-09 17:25:55

no, no - didn't mean black. That wouldn't work at all.

alternatives were plummy/ aubergine colour or grey

mazzystartled Tue 20-Oct-09 17:29:54

is it nice on? i liked the look of that dress a lot

i reckon brown, black, grey or purple would all work

ABitBatty Tue 20-Oct-09 17:35:18

Another vote fro brown. Def not black IMO

traceybath Tue 20-Oct-09 18:58:12

Ooh plum sounds nice too.

tulpe Tue 20-Oct-09 18:59:00

brown, purple, charcoal grey and even a very rich shade of navy, imo.

Why not black? Agree it could look a bit harsh but surely it isn't too bad if top layers are plummy shades rather than 80's effect brights/black combo all over?

I have a tunic dress in same colour which I have worn layered with a aubergine long sleeve tee, black leggings and black ankle boots. Looked fine to me and I got lots of compliments.

dexter73 Tue 20-Oct-09 20:07:47

I think grey sounds good.

CowardlyCowardlyCustard Tue 20-Oct-09 20:09:30

I love pink & brown, quirky in a good way!

fishie Tue 20-Oct-09 20:12:14

is lovely ltec. i am pea green as would be super on me except am too stumpy so it would stick out and make me grayson perry.

haven't you had your colours done? if you are hoping to buy less clothes it'll cut your potential purchases in half without even trying. i'd wear it with grey, brown, navy, teal even. not black though unless you are very striking in colouring.

duckyfuzz Tue 20-Oct-09 20:17:27

pink brown is lovely combination

GooberIsLockedInTheBootOfMyCar Tue 20-Oct-09 20:19:09

I likey.

Also likey blue and brown.

LetThemEatCake Tue 20-Oct-09 20:36:05

cool. Thanks ladies

fishie - no, I've never had my colours done ... my wardrobe 'palette' <<wanker emotcion>> is pretty tried and tested ... nowt too adventurous there.

mazzy - haven't got it yet - will post back and let you know!

OurLadyOfPerpetualSupper Tue 20-Oct-09 20:46:53

Another recommendation for having your colours 'done.'

Any of the above mentioned would be great, except black - it makes bright colours look cheap.

Thing is, once you know 'your' colours, you can pretty much wear any of them with any other (if that makes sense), because they all match you.

I hope that dress looks good - but I'm going to put myself out there and say I think you'll find it looks more like a peasant smock when you try it on. Please don't hate me, I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

fishie Tue 20-Oct-09 20:56:34

i am sure you know your stuff ltec, but it is dead fun and you might end up with a more adventurous palette.

love palette, we must use it more often.

BonjourIvresse Wed 21-Oct-09 20:34:25

browm, or navy here, or grey

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now