Talk

Advanced search

loreal hair colour to lighten dark brown hair does it do what it says on the tin?

(5 Posts)
mothersmilk Tue 20-Oct-09 14:52:37

have just bought it am now deliberating wether to put it on or not im a coloured brunette naurally mousey blonde and i want to go 1-2 shades lighter than i am now but cant afford a pro job i saw this today in boots and thought sod it i'll have a go now im wondering if anyone else has used it and what happened
ant one have experience on this?

TheCongaLineOfTruth Tue 20-Oct-09 16:55:45

I think it will only lighten if it contains peroxide or similar.

Tis a dangerous game, home hair dye! I would seriously consider either saving for a pro job or staying brunette.

boodeniites Tue 20-Oct-09 16:58:32

i would try it as it is so much cheaper but be prepared to end up at the hairdressers

PheasantPlucker Tue 20-Oct-09 17:02:28

I colour my hair myself. Tisn't awful, I hope grin

boardbunny Tue 20-Oct-09 21:05:27

I'm naturally mousey brown and I've been dyeing my hair blonde myself for years, never had any disasters touch wood! Maybe get it done professionally first and then use home dye to do your roots?
Have actually had enough of blonde now and am in the process of growing it out and seeing my natural hair colour for the first time in 15 years shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now