Talk

Advanced search

Do any flat shoes exists which are comfy but not trainers or over-trouser boots????

(39 Posts)
berri Tue 20-Oct-09 14:06:44

Aaargh!!!

I'm going mad trying to find some comfy shoes - I never wear tucked in jeans as all my trousers seem to be bootcut, so boots won't work unless they can be worn underneath, and I'm so so sick of wearing trainers all the time as I feel so scruffy!

Can anyone help

whyme2 Tue 20-Oct-09 14:07:31

Anyone? I am watching with interest.

brimfull Tue 20-Oct-09 14:09:42

I need answer as well
converse too narrow for my spade like feet
don't like the camper shoes that are alwasy mentioned on these threads
and don't like mary jane type shoes under trousers

fussy-moi?

PestoPumpkinMonster Tue 20-Oct-09 14:10:07

What about

these?

DorotheaPlentighoul Tue 20-Oct-09 14:11:56

Clarks?

I never would have believed you five years ago if you'd told me I would become a Clarks devotee. But if you choose carefully, they do some shoes that are actually not too bad style-wise, and they do half sizes and different widths so the shoes actually fit better than most high-street stuff.

DorotheaPlentighoul Tue 20-Oct-09 14:12:39

Or DMs -- some people swear by 'em.

ShowOfHands Tue 20-Oct-09 14:13:32

I live in Dr Marten's. They're not all clompy boots, though their clompy boots are wicked. They're fab and very comfy. My favourite pair I have had for 15 years.

berri Tue 20-Oct-09 14:13:48

I like these types of boots but think they might look a bit weird if I'm wearing a dressy-ish top? Doesn't happen very often, granted, but you know what I mean....

PacificWerewolfwoohood Tue 20-Oct-09 14:15:42

Apparently loafers and brogues are the new fashion must haves...

Ballerina type thingies

I second Clarks.

Biobytes Tue 20-Oct-09 14:15:56

I love Campers, and Clarks Air. As comfy as trainers but far more stylish.

berri Tue 20-Oct-09 14:25:07

Might have a look at Clarks....although my DH would pee himself if I came home with some! I always thought I was too young for Clarks but now I'm a mum comfort has turned into my top priority!!

jangly Tue 20-Oct-09 14:29:20

These people? www.hottershoes.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaticPageDisplay?utm_term=shoes&utm_medium=cpc&langId =-1&storeId=10551&identifier=Womens-Shoes-PPC&catalogId=10601&utm_source=google

Montifer Tue 20-Oct-09 19:25:03

I second Clarks, my feet are wide and I have a pair of Funny Dream which I have walked miles in and I love them.
Will get another pair this winter I love them so much although can only find black at the moment, which will seem very boring after my lovely red ones.

Also used to like Hush Puppies but my last pair rubbed so have put me off a bit.

berri Tue 20-Oct-09 19:38:36

Some nice ones on that website - thanks!

monkeysmama Tue 20-Oct-09 19:38:57

Ggirl-please let me know if you find some. My requirements are similar & my daily Internet trawls have been fruitless.

brimfull Tue 20-Oct-09 20:01:47

monkesmama-will do

I like the look of loafers but they look wrong with any trousers other than skinnys and I def do not do skinnys

boardbunny Tue 20-Oct-09 21:22:55

Not sure if these are too casual for what you're after and maybe not to everyone's taste but have you thought about Skechers? I have some similar to this and have worn them to death, with bootcut jeans (no skinnies here either!) www.schuh.co.uk/womens-gold-skechers-bikers-sunkissed/1902382120/

brimfull Tue 20-Oct-09 21:24:29

no they look comfy but it's the mary jane style I don't like

Heated Tue 20-Oct-09 21:32:57

Have these in brown from Brantano, rather than Clarkes, and they are the most comfortable casual flats I own, even more so than my converse, as they're very cushioned. Wear them with bootcut jeans. They look better in RL, really!

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Tue 20-Oct-09 22:55:05

Cannot believe I am saying this but I recommend clarks.
Never thought about going in there but went in with a friend and there were loads of nice flat shoes there bought myself a pair and I love them.

RustyBear Tue 20-Oct-09 23:03:31

I have these in several colours - very comfortable.

monkeysmama Tue 20-Oct-09 23:18:56

I'm really not keen on any of those but hope the OP has found some here she likes.

penona Tue 20-Oct-09 23:27:22

Having had a similar trawl for years, I found a pair of ballerina style shoes in MnS Limited collection, but they had a slight heel, so not totally flat, and a T-bar strap so easier to wear than normal ballerina shoes (which make my feet ache trying to keep them on!). I always get lots of comments when wearing them and they feel v trendy.
But just had a look on the website and they don't do any more, or even anything similar. And I only bought 2 mths ago!

101handbags Wed 21-Oct-09 10:44:27

I wear a lot of the ballet flats from the Next 'Sole Reviver' range. Now, if you type in Sole Reviver to the Next website, most of the things that come up are hideous but I have some lovely grey and black suede bow ballerinas from that range and get lots of complements.

101handbags Wed 21-Oct-09 10:45:29

Or even compliments..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now