Talk

Advanced search

Ugg Boots .... worth the money or are they all a bit naff looking?

(25 Posts)
nappyaddict Tue 20-Oct-09 01:51:00

Bailey Button

Mayfaire

Short

Tall

nappyaddict Tue 20-Oct-09 01:52:21

Oops title should say "Ugg Boots ... which kind? Worth the money ..."

ABitBatty Tue 20-Oct-09 14:40:10

I like the Bailey Buttons. I have a pair of fake UGG boots from last year which I love and now want to get the real ones. When my student loan ever comes I will be after some grey Bailey Buttons!
I've worn my £10 fako's for about 8 months though and they are just starting to look a bit shit so real ones should last ages and ages and therefore worth it. I know lots of people rate other brands though.

Broke Tue 20-Oct-09 15:34:59

The bailey buttons come up small, I'm an 8 and usually buy a 41 in Uggs but the 42 was too small

ABitBatty Tue 20-Oct-09 17:36:38

Oooh interesting. I was going to buy a 3. I'm normally a 4 and thought they came up big (from what I have read, haven't tried them on yet)

reikizen Tue 20-Oct-09 17:39:35

I think they all look like baked potatoes and make you do that funny shuffly walk like a inmate of a mental hospital...And £160, Jesus. But I am aware I am in the minority and probably have no taste at all so don't listen to me! grin

ABitBatty Tue 20-Oct-09 19:25:46

Baked potatoes are toasty warm and lovely though grin

boardbunny Tue 20-Oct-09 21:12:05

I've got the Classic Short Uggs and they are well worth the money (although I cheated a bit, got mine in the US a couple of years ago when the exchange rate was fab, worked out at about £80). Comfiest things I've ever worn on my feet. That said they definitely do make you shuffle and can look slightly odd, depends how bothered you are about this!

NeedaNewName Tue 20-Oct-09 21:28:21

I got the tall chocolate ones and they really are very comfy and snug and cosy!

But they don;t go with everything, and you do have to be mindful of how you walk so you dont; end up shuffling along.

Can't comment on other makes I'm afraid but if you want them and can afford them why not.

kylesmybaby Tue 20-Oct-09 22:44:07

if you are under a size 5 you can get the kids ones, i paid £100 for the classic short ones in kids.

they also do kids ones like the Mayfair for £165.

TanyaBranning Tue 20-Oct-09 22:47:22

I have tall classic, short classic and Bailey Button Uggs. They serve their purpose. They're unbeatable for slinging on with jeans and a cardi for shopping, school run, casual days etc. No, they're aren't uber stylish, but I am yet to find a shoe that is as comfy and warm for winter. I also use them as slippers around the house once they get worn/old. Bliss!

Hulababy Tue 20-Oct-09 22:48:20

I got a pair for my birthday in February - tall classic ones. I love them. Theya re the only pair of footware, bar slippers, that hasn't given me blisters. I wear them so often. Now the weather has turned I have worn them almost daily again.

I wear mine with jeans, trousers, long skirts and short skirts and tights.

Oh, and I don't shuffle - I simply walk properly!

electra Tue 20-Oct-09 22:56:59

Last year I had Emu ones but this year I bought Uggs - I have them in short grey.

moondog Tue 20-Oct-09 23:32:16

Reikezen, no make that inmates of a mental hospital with club feet.
They are fucking hideous.

MonstrousMerryHenry Tue 20-Oct-09 23:35:27

I think all Uggs are vile.

NeedaNewName Wed 21-Oct-09 00:01:13

MerryHenry how are you -are you still doing the Wii - sorry for the hijack!

MonstrousMerryHenry Wed 21-Oct-09 00:03:24

Doing the Wii? Err...are you referring to that Wii day some of us went to in London? (whispers: I've never actually owned a wii!)

I have a feeling that you're the lady who said at the time that she thought her name was naff - is that right? Did we sit next to each other (or nearly)?

NeedaNewName Wed 21-Oct-09 00:04:48

yes thats right - I thought yuo had one - oh well must be getting old and the memory playing tricks!

Still not changed the name to anything better

MonstrousMerryHenry Wed 21-Oct-09 00:06:35

grin I don't recall you being especially old! I think your name is great, actually - stick with it, girl!

How have you been? I've now moved to the coast and got myself up the duff. No time like the present, as they say.

NeedaNewName Wed 21-Oct-09 00:07:32

Wow congratulations - a lots happened since the Wii day.

When are you due?

Tortington Wed 21-Oct-09 00:07:32

uggs should no longer be under style and fashion. seriously its over

MonstrousMerryHenry Wed 21-Oct-09 00:08:08

Due in April.

Did you have a Wii, then? ARe you now super-fit?

ROFL at Custy.

NeedaNewName Wed 21-Oct-09 00:10:08

Good month for a birthday!!!!

Yes we went out and got one - great fun. We moved house in the summer so everything got put away for a while - have jsut recently discivered it again, now hjust need to put the personasl trainer thing on and get exercising again!

Take care of yourself and good luck for April

BTW - still love myu Uggs whether they're stylish or not grin

MonstrousMerryHenry Wed 21-Oct-09 00:15:36

Thanks! I'm sure you think of Austin every time you look at your Wii, right? And - oops, sorry for the Ugg insult <<scarpers>>

grin

NeedaNewName Wed 21-Oct-09 00:19:20

Not insulted at all - I too thought that theywere ugly for a while but they were just too damn comfy. Not for everyones likeing I know - now Austin on the other hand (fans herself whislt having a hot flush!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now