Talk

Advanced search

Best way to sort out my frizzy hair.

(4 Posts)
Bellared Mon 19-Oct-09 23:26:58

It's dyed every few months or so at home so I get the colour I like (and I'm too skint to get it done at the hairdressers).

Anyway,It's smooth underneath but the top layer is frizzy and wiry. I wash it about once a week with Toni and Guy red colour shampoo and condition it in the Elvive intense stuff (orangy coloured pot) and blow dry it once it has dried off a bit naturally and rarely use straighteners.

Please can you recommend what to use to smooth my hair so it looks like it has been done in a salon? Do I need to wash it more and should I use something like olive oil as a hot oil treatment?

Thanks smile

AbricotsSecs Mon 19-Oct-09 23:56:57

Message withdrawn

Floopy21 Tue 20-Oct-09 10:31:14

LOVE curly girl! Really worked for me. I'm sure the concept of not stripping your hair with harsh shampoos holds equally well whether your hair is straight or curly.

Bellared Wed 21-Oct-09 14:36:51

Thank you, Its straight and thick as a thick thing(I've broken combs with it). I just normally tie it back and straighten it if I've got a job interview or special event. What shampoo would you recommend? I also use La Riche conditioning semi permanent hair dye over the top of the shop bought stuff so I get the pillarbox red colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now