Talk

Advanced search

Help! My lovely long-awaited new boots creak... sob...

(10 Posts)
motherducky Mon 19-Oct-09 14:50:42

My first pair of long boots (I've been wanting some ever since I was a teenager). Finally decided to stretch my budget (to £80) to buy some from Next that look and feel great quality, super comfy and suitable for nearly all occasions (love them). After ordering lots of different pairs in different sizes over the last month I finally have them - and the Next website says they have sold out, so just in time!

BUT the left boot creaks really loudly - coming from the centre of the sole, not the leather. Do I need to take them back (SAD GULP)? Or will it resolve itself? It kind of feels like it isn't properly glued in the centre where the creak comes from...

Surely some more experienced boot-buying mumsnetters can tell me what I should do! (anyone have a magic wand?)

motherducky Mon 19-Oct-09 21:42:52

please..

BibiBOO Mon 19-Oct-09 21:46:01

I have no advice to give but will give you a bump and some sympathy. I know just how you feel in finally getting a pair of long boots.

Jajas Mon 19-Oct-09 21:50:32

Bumping for you as I have also got a new squeaky boot which is driving me marginally potty hmm. Maybe the squeak wears off after a while?

NorkilyChallenged Mon 19-Oct-09 21:50:58

No advice as I also have a pair of boots where one squeaks. the bad news is, nothing has got rid of the squeak and it does put me off wearing them a bit.

Maybe if I just wore them all the time, eventually the squeak would disappear but i'm too embarrassed to try it and find out.

Sorry that's no help at all.

PlumpkinScaryBaps Mon 19-Oct-09 22:07:49

ou could try these

Or see if you've got an old-fashioned cobbler nearby and ask their advice.

tulpe Mon 19-Oct-09 22:46:56

I would take them back, tbh. If you wear them and the squeak doesn't disappear then they will say you should have returned them immediately (I would think....).

I know its frustrating but you will hate wearing them if squeak remains

motherducky Tue 20-Oct-09 09:51:48

Thanks for your replies. plumpkin I think the piercing sole thing might help, but if it doesn't I've probably lost my chance to return them haven't I? tempting though...

Thanks for the bump and understanding bibiboo. I think I am going to have to take them back sad or I can see I'll end up embarrassed to wear them, which would be a real shame. sad

doughnutty Tue 20-Oct-09 09:57:54

You need to return them. They are faulty, the shank is broken. You cannot fix it and it will not get better. You should not give in if they try to fob you off with credit even if it has been a few weeks.
They are "not fit for purpose" and it's not generally something you can cause just by wearing them a few times. It is a manufacturing fault.
HTH

motherducky Tue 20-Oct-09 19:13:16

wow doughnutty - thanks for the info! very impressive, off to google 'shank' now...

(shame it's not good news though) sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now