Talk

Advanced search

Gentle Exfoliator

(9 Posts)
TheDemonicButDandyLioness Mon 19-Oct-09 12:00:22

Can someone please recommend a very gentle facial exfoliator? I tend to use cream cleansers rather than ones where I have to use a lot of water, as washing with water makes my skin go flaky, red and sore.

So I need an exfoliator where I can use minimal water, and something that's not going to scrape.

LaurieScaryCake Mon 19-Oct-09 12:02:12

if washing with water makes your skin go sore then an xfoliator would need a bit of work - how about a muslin cloth and cleanser instead (no water)?

I use Origins exfoliator and the Decleor one - both of them use a lot of water to get off.

TheDemonicButDandyLioness Mon 19-Oct-09 12:04:27

I do use Eve Lom and a muslin cloth - although have run out at moment - and I guess that takes care of my exfoliation needs. But I still get dry skin at the sides of my nose, and I need something tougher to tackle that with I think.

Ronaldinhio Mon 19-Oct-09 12:10:24

flannel

LaurieScaryCake Mon 19-Oct-09 12:21:46

What about that ROC exfoliating buzzy wand thing if you're only going to use it on your nose - it doesn't use water but it is quite a firm exfoliator.

Also very finely ground aduki beans (the same stuff marketed as 'Japanese Washing grains' in the Body shop) is a light, natural and effective solution for a small area- if you use too much of them it all ends up in your hair grin

TheCongaLineOfTruth Mon 19-Oct-09 17:24:30

Second the humble flannel.

I started to find exfoliant suddenly too harsh. Now I just use a flannel in the shower when I wash my face. 99 pence and never runs out!

TheMightyToosh Mon 19-Oct-09 17:26:02

I was going to say a towel or flannel too - oooh, it's like blankety blank grin

If you use a dry one, it is even more gentle.

notjustapuppymum Mon 19-Oct-09 19:59:01

St Ives do a gentle sensitive apricot scrub which you could just use gently on your dry patches.

TheDemonicButDandyLioness Tue 20-Oct-09 17:18:49

Thanks for all your tips. I went to Space NK today and bought some Eve Lom cleanser, which comes with a muslin cloth. I'm also going to dig out a flannel as I currently don't use one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now