Talk

Advanced search

ghd's...............

(15 Posts)
startingagain Sun 18-Oct-09 23:02:25

Had three pairs of these over the years but they just don't lastsad

I love them because my hair is quite thick and wavy and they get through it wonderfully.

Is there any other make of straightener anyone can suggest that isn't so expensive but might last/and work just aswell?? smile

DLI Mon 19-Oct-09 18:33:35

have you been in touch with GHD to see how much it would cost to repair them. my friend has just had her's repaid and it cost something like £25. much cheaper than buying more straightners

notjustapuppymum Mon 19-Oct-09 20:00:03

I have T3's which I've had for about 5 years now - no probs with them at all and I believe they are just as good as GHD's.

startingagain Mon 19-Oct-09 22:48:38

hadn't thought about getting them repaired, worried how much it might cost, but i think i might just give them a ring, thankssmile

Haven't heard of T3's i will give them a googlesmile

GordonBrownsTeaLady Mon 19-Oct-09 22:50:06

i've had the same GHD's for 6 years.

how are they breaking?

SixtyFootDoll Mon 19-Oct-09 22:51:43

My hairdresser told me that GHD's havea lifetime guarantee

You just take them into your local stockist and they send them back to GHD who repair/ replacce
Unfortunaltey she only told me AFTER I had chucked mine out shock
Luckily I am now doing the curly girl method so have no need of them!

startingagain Tue 20-Oct-09 09:37:46

oh, thats interesting...I still have two pairs hanging around here that i can't manage to throw away....that would be great!

I think it is a wire, issue, the first two pairs just stopped working and my dd1 said she thought it was a wire cos if she jiggled it it worked again....but eventually stopped.

This last pair, i happened to be using and heard a kind of electrical fizzle noise (if you understand that!) and then they went offsad

Might be worth a try!

Thankssmile

ABitBatty Tue 20-Oct-09 14:41:49

The Babyliss Pro 230 are the hottest straighteners I have ever tried, but I do generally stick to my GHD's as they get the stupid wispy hairs at the front of my head better.

VictoriousSponge Tue 20-Oct-09 14:44:42

i had mine reparied last week
£25

VictoriousSponge Tue 20-Oct-09 14:45:43

www.ghd-repair.co.uk/

rimmer08 Tue 20-Oct-09 15:09:11

i dont get it, how do they break? i have had mine for about 7 years.

ABitBatty Tue 20-Oct-09 15:16:34

When they first came out there was something wrong with the cord and the way it was attached to the end. Loads of them sparked or set on fire if the cord was twisted or wrapped around them. They were featured on Watchdog! Later models were made differently, they allowed for cord movement.

PuppyMonkey Tue 20-Oct-09 15:19:57

I've had the same GHDs since 2004. I might throw a party for them.. grin

GordonBrownsTeaLady Tue 20-Oct-09 18:05:37

The 2004's must have been a good batch puppymonkey. Can my 2004 GHD's come to your party?

startingagain Tue 20-Oct-09 18:12:41

Thank you for the repair link, will give it a gosmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now