Talk

Advanced search

If you have the Boden Biker Jacket do you have a problem with the zip?

(7 Posts)
tulpe Sun 18-Oct-09 22:56:49

I love my jacket but the zip is driving me crazy. It is really hard to do up and so I end up closing it with the studs only.

DH pointed out today that perhaps I should return it......so thought I would check here first to see if it is a common fault.

I am capable of doing zips up ordinarily.......in case anyone suggests practice in manner of tying laces etc

tulpe Mon 19-Oct-09 11:16:51

Come on!! I know at least two other MNers bought it

dexter73 Mon 19-Oct-09 12:05:35

Have you tried rubbing the zip with a pencil?

RubyrubyrubysAScaryOldBint Mon 19-Oct-09 12:08:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pleasechange Mon 19-Oct-09 13:06:14

tulpe I have one. I don't have any problems doing up the zip, but the first couple of times I had trouble undoing it at the bottom. Actually I was in a bit of a panic as it seemed completely stuck. It's totally fine now now, think it was just stiff. Are you reluctant to send it back because there's a wait on them now?

tulpe Mon 19-Oct-09 17:43:47

Thanks all

Dexter - how does the pencil thing work?

Ruby - my ski jacket and at least one hoodie I own is double zip and they can be awkward but not as bad as this! I stood there yesterday for 10 minutes whilst DH tried to zip it up for me......felt like a sodding toddler

Allnew - so perhaps I need to just zip and unzip several times if stiffness is the problem? The mechanism slots together okay but then it won't budge from the bottom hmm.

And although I wasn't aware of a waiting period (haven't actually checked) that would put me off returning it. I am wearing it almost every day at the moment and couldn't face spending time apart from it!

pleasechange Tue 20-Oct-09 09:47:15

I know what you mean tulpe - I wear mine all the time and don't know what I did before I had it tbh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now