(18 Posts)
NigellaTufnel Sun 18-Oct-09 22:37:44

anyone got these boots
Any views?

I have quite fat calves sad

CybilCeremony Sun 18-Oct-09 22:38:20

Gap biker ones nicer IMO

NigellaTufnel Sun 18-Oct-09 22:49:26

We are nowhere near a Gap, which is rather frustrating! I could do with stocking up on basic T shirts

Jajas Sun 18-Oct-09 22:52:04

Nigella I ordered them thinking that they looked lovely but was quite disappointed when they arrived and sent them straight back the same day. They had a very 'plastic' feel to them and very loud soles like your Dad used to wear (if you know what I mean, those loud shoes with blakeys on them or whatever they were called!).

Not pleased and usually am with their stuff. Sorry to be so negative!

tulpe Sun 18-Oct-09 22:54:11

I am larger than average on the calf and the Gap ones look awful on me.

NigellaTufnel Sun 18-Oct-09 22:56:21

It's a bit rubbish trying to get a pair of shorter boots. I'm just sending some Campers back - and that is going to cost me a fortune!

tulpe Sun 18-Oct-09 23:05:48

I feel your pain, Nigella I found the solution with shorter boots is to go for something slouchy rather than fitted.

kittya Mon 19-Oct-09 00:29:22

Dont you think they are overpriced? Have you looked in Office? they have some great boots this season. I never think Boden is that edgy and for me, there shoes are always smaller. Abit like their clothes!

blinks Mon 19-Oct-09 02:30:45

dull as shit

VictoriousSponge Mon 19-Oct-09 08:57:28

Tesco

Jajas Mon 19-Oct-09 09:06:21

I just bought these Rocket Dog boots in black. They are lovely and half the price of the Boden ones! Bit floppy and slouchy, great with skinny jeans and I do wear with woolly tights and short skirt/tunic although did read somewhere else somebody saying always knee high boots with short skirt.

Back to looking like Max Wall again then ha ha!

upahill Mon 19-Oct-09 09:19:02

I quite like the Rocket Dog boots. But for my biker fashion stuff I actually get it from a biker shop. I go to Hein Gericke. (Also online) A couple of years ago I saw a really lovely biker style jacket and found out it was by Firetrap. I tracked it down to Selfridges or Harvey Nicks and it was £350. I couldn't bring myself to pay that so had a look in the bike shop. That's where I got my fav leather jacket. It cost me £115 (they threw in a free fleece for me) and I wear it all the time. Just love it !! Also loads of great boots (Cheaper than Boden and the real deal) Fab t shirts as well.

NigellaTufnel Mon 19-Oct-09 10:40:58

It's not so much the bike look I'm after but a mid calf boot.

And it really has to be online as we live in a small town and I am very pregnant with a toddler, so going into London is just not on.

I really thought I had nailed it with the Camper ones.

upahill Mon 19-Oct-09 12:09:03

Nigella.. I get what you mean about not wanting the biker look as such. It was just a suggestion to look in different places.(for a fraction of the cost) Another place to look could be on Amazon and type in 'boots'or 'mid calf boots' I find that site quite good.

southeastastra Mon 19-Oct-09 12:11:13

very over priced and look exactly the same as theones in next that were about £40

Jajas Mon 19-Oct-09 18:06:37

Yay I got the Rocket Dog boots from Amazon ~ there are trillions of boots of every shape and size on there.

kittya Tue 20-Oct-09 20:36:37

Is there a shop you can buy those Rocket Dog's from, I really like them?

Ronaldinhio Tue 20-Oct-09 20:41:44

nooooooo not these boots

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: