(18 Posts)
NigellaTufnel Sun 18-Oct-09 22:37:44

anyone got these boots
Any views?

I have quite fat calves sad

CybilCeremony Sun 18-Oct-09 22:38:20

Gap biker ones nicer IMO

NigellaTufnel Sun 18-Oct-09 22:49:26

We are nowhere near a Gap, which is rather frustrating! I could do with stocking up on basic T shirts

Jajas Sun 18-Oct-09 22:52:04

Nigella I ordered them thinking that they looked lovely but was quite disappointed when they arrived and sent them straight back the same day. They had a very 'plastic' feel to them and very loud soles like your Dad used to wear (if you know what I mean, those loud shoes with blakeys on them or whatever they were called!).

Not pleased and usually am with their stuff. Sorry to be so negative!

tulpe Sun 18-Oct-09 22:54:11

I am larger than average on the calf and the Gap ones look awful on me.

NigellaTufnel Sun 18-Oct-09 22:56:21

It's a bit rubbish trying to get a pair of shorter boots. I'm just sending some Campers back - and that is going to cost me a fortune!

tulpe Sun 18-Oct-09 23:05:48

I feel your pain, Nigella I found the solution with shorter boots is to go for something slouchy rather than fitted.

kittya Mon 19-Oct-09 00:29:22

Dont you think they are overpriced? Have you looked in Office? they have some great boots this season. I never think Boden is that edgy and for me, there shoes are always smaller. Abit like their clothes!

blinks Mon 19-Oct-09 02:30:45

dull as shit

VictoriousSponge Mon 19-Oct-09 08:57:28

Tesco

Jajas Mon 19-Oct-09 09:06:21

I just bought these Rocket Dog boots in black. They are lovely and half the price of the Boden ones! Bit floppy and slouchy, great with skinny jeans and I do wear with woolly tights and short skirt/tunic although did read somewhere else somebody saying always knee high boots with short skirt.

Back to looking like Max Wall again then ha ha!

upahill Mon 19-Oct-09 09:19:02

I quite like the Rocket Dog boots. But for my biker fashion stuff I actually get it from a biker shop. I go to Hein Gericke. (Also online) A couple of years ago I saw a really lovely biker style jacket and found out it was by Firetrap. I tracked it down to Selfridges or Harvey Nicks and it was £350. I couldn't bring myself to pay that so had a look in the bike shop. That's where I got my fav leather jacket. It cost me £115 (they threw in a free fleece for me) and I wear it all the time. Just love it !! Also loads of great boots (Cheaper than Boden and the real deal) Fab t shirts as well.

NigellaTufnel Mon 19-Oct-09 10:40:58

It's not so much the bike look I'm after but a mid calf boot.

And it really has to be online as we live in a small town and I am very pregnant with a toddler, so going into London is just not on.

I really thought I had nailed it with the Camper ones.

upahill Mon 19-Oct-09 12:09:03

Nigella.. I get what you mean about not wanting the biker look as such. It was just a suggestion to look in different places.(for a fraction of the cost) Another place to look could be on Amazon and type in 'boots'or 'mid calf boots' I find that site quite good.

southeastastra Mon 19-Oct-09 12:11:13

very over priced and look exactly the same as theones in next that were about £40

Jajas Mon 19-Oct-09 18:06:37

Yay I got the Rocket Dog boots from Amazon ~ there are trillions of boots of every shape and size on there.

kittya Tue 20-Oct-09 20:36:37

Is there a shop you can buy those Rocket Dog's from, I really like them?

Ronaldinhio Tue 20-Oct-09 20:41:44

nooooooo not these boots

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now