Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If time and money were no object what would be your beauty regime and what products would you buy?

(9 Posts)
navyeyelasH Sat 17-Oct-09 22:46:11

I'm rubbish at doing anything other than washing and I really need to sort it out! I'm 25 and my skin and hair are quite good but I'm worried I'm abusing them so want to start a new regime!

But I don't want to buy 50 million different types of shampoo, foundation etc. So any tips much appreciated.

moaningminniewhingesagain Sat 17-Oct-09 22:51:19

I would go for Aveda haircare, and an assortment of makeup/skincare - Guerlain midnight secret, Estee lauder Advnced night repair, Chanel vitalumiere, Estee lauder soft clean foaming cleanser.

Chantequaille or Laura Mercier foundation. Lacome macaras are fabulous. Clinique or MAC for eye shadow. Not beaten bourjois for blusher yet.

Philosophy for showergels. Thats my wishlist for if I found a £300 boots voucher under my pillow anyway grin

malfoy Sat 17-Oct-09 22:54:42

I would have regular facials (every six weeks), manicures and pedicures every two weeks, possibly weekly.

On products, I would go for Sisley, La Prairie and Creme de la mer.

MichKit Sat 17-Oct-09 22:55:33

I think the key question is time and money

I'd buy Eve Lom's cleanser and use it religiously. Its the only cleansing product you'll need, really.
Creme de la Mer's Gel, which is lighter and easier to wear than the Creme, to be used during the day.
Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair for nights, plus Guerlain's Midnight Secret (it really is sleep in a bottle, plus smells gorgeous!)
By Terry's Serenite de Rose face mask.

janeite Sat 17-Oct-09 22:55:48

Clinique long and pretty mascara
Mac eyeshadows
Origins or Decleor for skincare
Molton Brown bubble bath
Prescriptives foundation
Chanel nail varnish

MichKit Sat 17-Oct-09 22:56:14

MoanningMinnie, we share similar thoughts

navyeyelasH Sat 17-Oct-09 23:04:32

Just googling everything now, I'm so clueless. I used to use a really nice facewash by Guerlain's maybe called imis or similar so that Midnight Secret sounds good.

Do you think some products really do only work with certain skin types etc? Or are there some that are just certain to work regardless?

Is Aveda hair stuff any good on coloured hair? I went brunette a few months ago and remember someone on here saying black magic (??) was good?

MichKit Sun 18-Oct-09 13:18:43

Eve Lom and Midnight Secret are suitable for all skin types, and they really do smell gorgeous too.

I haven't used Aveda, but Wella's Salon range is lovely for coloured hair too. I have dark hair, and I alternate between Wella and John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette range, which is a real bargain for the price.

Alibooobaandthe40phantoms Sun 18-Oct-09 13:29:35

I would start with facials, manicure and pedicure too, and a haircut once a month.

I love Bobbi Brown make-up, especially the cream eyeshadows, so would stick with that I think.

I would like to find a fabulous body scrub and some kind of cellulite-busting body lotion as well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now