Talk

Advanced search

roots coming through, should I use a temp dye (darker)

(2 Posts)
chosenone Fri 16-Oct-09 18:57:13

I have a big night out tomorrow with lots of younger people (Im 33, there all late 20's!), I've spent ages finding a dress and leggings, shoes, long dangly earrings and a leather jacket, the overall look is very black and grey with a bit of sparkle, slightly rock chick! But couldn't get in with hairdresser so my hair which is highlighted blonde with lots of natural and darker browns has roots coming through and looks a bit lack lustre, soooooo I was thinking about putting a temporary, wash in wash out type dye in it to make a more mid brown with whatever colour it takes. Will it work? And should I go for big hair, sort of curled os staight with a quiff any reccomendations on dye or style its shouder length, quite fine but lots of it? Ta?

randomeuro Fri 16-Oct-09 19:01:20

I wouldnt go for the wash in wash out dye if I were you. These dyes have a weird way of colouring previously coloured/highlighted hair. Roots are fine, not ideal but really they are no big deal, people will probbaly not even notice. Put some mousse in for root lift or after blowdrying use something like Aveda Pure Abundance.

Have fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now