Talk

Advanced search

Please help me all I have no clothes at all and I don't know where to start.

(12 Posts)
Cometrickortreatingwithme Fri 16-Oct-09 12:07:17

Ok I have no nice underwear about 4 pairs of jeans and some tops.

I have no nice shoes and I haven't had a haircut for a year.

I live in jeans and am sick of putting them on.

I own no make up either blush.

I have the money to buy myself stuff I just never do yet my dc walk round looking gorgeous I must like like a right frump.

I think what has happenes is I spent last year and the start of this year in pyjamas maternity clothes and now nothing fits and I feel uncomfy all the time.

I am bf so need easy access tops and I am a size 14 on the bottom 12 on the top.

Please give me some ideas wih xmas coming up I don't want to look frumpy next to my two gorgeous sisters.

Cometrickortreatingwithme Fri 16-Oct-09 12:08:07

I have also lost my ability to post without typos so it would seem.

BonsoirAnna Fri 16-Oct-09 12:18:43

First of all, get your hair done and sort out some make-up. You will buy yourself much nicer clothes if you are feeling beautiful!

BonsoirAnna Fri 16-Oct-09 12:19:41

How about getting the full works at a salon, while you are about it - waxing, pedicure, manicure?

I am a much better clothes shopper when groomed!

traceybath Fri 16-Oct-09 12:51:10

Agree with Anna re. grooming. Am personally off for waxing/eyelash tinting etc next week in a post-natal tidy up attempt.

Am also bf and I tend to live in skinny jeans tucked into boots with vest/t-shirty tops and long cardigans. A decent handbag/sunglasses/jewellery smartens things up a bit.

May be worth booking a personal shopper somewhere to put some outfits together for you. Also worth looking through magazines at other women to see what type of look you want to go for.

What shapes suit you clothing wise and also are we talking new look budget or netaporter?

LolaLadybird Fri 16-Oct-09 13:00:15

How about going to see a personal shopper? I went to see one a year ago and it was fab. I'd got into a bit of a clothes rut (unofficial uniform every day of Joules sweathsirt and jeans) and came away with some lovely clothes - things that I never would have chosen for myself but still love a year later. I went to John Lewis but most department stores have them and it's free (the only expensive bit is trying to work out which of the lovely clothes they've brought you could you leave behind!).

littlelozz Fri 16-Oct-09 13:03:23

I went to Next for a personal shopper and it was fab - tried on loads of clothes I wouldnt normally and came away with a lot more confidence to try different things
x

Cometrickortreatingwithme Fri 16-Oct-09 13:06:33

Right I will get my hair and nails done.

We are talking new look budget.

I don't know about personal shopper I get sucked into buying everything people try to sell me so shuld not be allowed out alone with one.
I may take one of my dsis with me who always have lovely clothes on and one is also a hairdresser (bonus) grin.

Thankyou for all the suggestions.

LolaLadybird Fri 16-Oct-09 13:16:48

FWIW I took a friend with me when I went to see a personal shopper. She went and did her own thing for most of the session but came and met me at the end to help me decide what to keep and to stop me getting too carried away!

Mimi1977 Fri 16-Oct-09 13:45:17

Bobby Brown make up is fab and if you go for a free make up consultation they'll make you look lovely. Been t o some that made me look like a tramp but defo recommend bobby brown.

8oreighty Mon 19-Oct-09 21:28:18

Just had my colours done, and wish I'd done it years ago...if you are about to embark on lots of nice new clothes it would really be worth doing...is not a waste of money, which I was worried about, it's really helpful to know then what to get.

naturelover Wed 21-Oct-09 13:45:19

I could have written your post, more or less.

I just had my second baby and am bf, I don't plan to have any more children, and I haven't really bought any clothes for over two years. I need tops I can pull up to feed in, but don't want to live in shapeless baggy stuff.

Funnily enough BonsoirAnna I just had my hair cut and bought new make up, and it's given me a boost. I'm almost back to pre-pregnancy size so am thinking ahead to new clothes... but my budget is very small.

I think the department store idea is a really good one, I have a big John Lewis near me.

I had a huge clear-out recently, threw out all the worn-out stuff, the stuff that I no longer wear or which no longer fits (and the never-to-be-used-again mat clothes!) Unfortunately I'm left with literally one pair of jeans, two pairs of trousers, two skirts, two pairs of boots and about four tops that I can feed in. HELP!

Do you think it's possible to revamp my wardrobe for a couple of hundred pounds? I don't know where to start.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now