Talk

Advanced search

Right, you've got 1 hour and twenty minutes to find me a good hairstyle

(4 Posts)
Sourdough Fri 16-Oct-09 10:53:25

I'm off to hairdressers at 12.

The lowdown:
I'm 39 (but a youthful 39). My hair is currently highlighted and bra-strap length long. I'm short (just under 5'2") and hate hate hate really STYLED hair. I have a mega busy life and little time for primping. My hair is naturally dark brown with a reddish tinge although I have a few grey mutant clear hairs in increasing numbers. I want to look groomed without a shit-load of effort and am considering returning more towards my natural hair colour. I always look through the magazines at the salon, but freeze under pressure and always end up coming away with the same haircut.

Give me inspiration.

BaronessBarbaraKingstanding Fri 16-Oct-09 19:50:14

What did you do sourdough?

I'm 39 (but youthful 39grin) with brs strap length hair, and neding inspiaration, so interested to hear what you did.

Did you just get a trim??

Sourdough Mon 19-Oct-09 14:31:17

BBK - I love my new haircut!

I winged it at the hairdresser's and didn't have a clue what I was going in for.

Came out with....

Dark hair. Dyed out all the ubiquitous blonde highlights and restored my mahogany tones. Looks much shinier, now.

A substantial fringe which takes years off me (even if it does make me look more like my mum)

Kept most of the length and long layers to add interest.

Have had loads of comments, all positive!

BaronessBarbaraKingstanding Mon 19-Oct-09 16:09:06

Oh, none of that is helpful for me. dark hair really doesn't suit me, i am stuck with blonde hightlights I think, and my Mum told me I look 'like someone called Muriel' with a fringe, which I don't think she meant in a complimentary way.

I am thinking a short bob for me next.

Glad you like yours though, I think a chnage occasionally is good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now