Talk

Advanced search

Black to a wedding?

(8 Posts)
fruitcorner Thu 15-Oct-09 13:56:13

Is it now ok to wear black to a wedding? If not how can I liven my evening type black dress, black tights, black shoes outfit up!I have couple of hours this evening to do mad dash round shops...

Geocentric Thu 15-Oct-09 13:57:36

I think its fine... unless you're the mil! wink

sugardumpling Thu 15-Oct-09 14:00:46

fine for an autumn/winter wedding IMO I got married in nov and nearly everyone wore black as it was part of my colour scheme (but then I am a bit goth )

emsyj Thu 15-Oct-09 15:45:54

My mum wore black to my wedding, as did my bridesmaids - in July. Also several friends did.

I would avoid the black tights tho... but that's just my personal view. Not for daytime. How about flesh coloured fishnets? They're stylish, a bit dressier than black tights (which scream 'work' to me) and extremely flattering.

MrsBadger Thu 15-Oct-09 16:00:32

yes but don;t wear an evening dress to a day wedding

if you have no choice wear a jacket or something over it

MusterMix Thu 15-Oct-09 16:02:18

badger
i met ggirl by mistake
will bump thrad

MrsBadger Thu 15-Oct-09 16:07:10

yes I saw and hooted but could not think of intelligent amusing comment excpet 'omg' so kept schtum

jemart Thu 15-Oct-09 21:35:12

I think traditionally the wearing of black to a wedding implied disaproval of the bride, but anything goes these days, just be sure its day wear not an evening dress.

Navy, dark brown or purple are good alternatives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now