Talk

Advanced search

dress me please!

(7 Posts)
mrsflux Wed 14-Oct-09 19:45:55

ok ladies i need your help!

i have decided that i have NOTHING to wear - seriously though!
after having a baby 6 months ago none of my pre-baby winter clothes fit properly anymore - mostly as my tummy is a bit wibbly and my hips are wider - and not the squidgy wide that would change with exercise!

i'm 28, 5foot 2, size 10 top, small boobs and size 12 bottom with short legs.

what can i wear?

Jewelsandgems Wed 14-Oct-09 20:00:37

How about short skirt/thick tights and boots?

skirt

dress

top-wise, small boobs usually look great in a polo neck or
this is nice

mrsflux Wed 14-Oct-09 20:04:42

i like the skirt and dress, what do you think shoes wise?

that;s my other dilemma, too cold for my beloved birkenstocks and ballet pumps but not cold enough for cosy uggs.

boots? maybe biker/ slouchy style?

Jewelsandgems Wed 14-Oct-09 20:11:16

I think biker, or chunky wedge (Fly London Mol or Mes?)
boots
And, there is always chunky heeled mary janes - look great under bootcut jeans too.

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Wed 14-Oct-09 20:17:50

Boyfriend jumper/knitted dress plus leggings and knee-length boots. You'll look fab and it will hide a multitude of sins.

I have a boyfriend jumper in teal from M&S which I love and my height makes it more of a dress! Sorry, I couldn't find it online, but there are loads about.

Also, buy a cool new necklace.

Jewelsandgems Wed 14-Oct-09 20:25:17

I find knitted dresses a littie unforgiving/clingy, and not so good after washing [though perhaps I have been unlucky?]. Love the boyfriend cardigan idea though (or Tesco have a long length waterfall one, which I tried on and is nice)

Great idea re the necklace (or a scarf also helps length the body, and take attention away from any squishy areas]

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Thu 15-Oct-09 14:42:39

I bought one bf jumper from Next and it looked like a rag after its first wash, but the M&S one is much better quality and easy on the bumps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now