Talk

Advanced search

What's the best post-natal instant tummy flattener?

(33 Posts)
MonstrousMerryHenry Wed 14-Oct-09 15:50:15

Does it have to be Spanx? Belly Bandit? Anything else? Am willing to spend up to £100 if I know it will work and be comfortable.

andgodcreatedwoman Wed 14-Oct-09 15:52:15

Duck tape.

MonstrousMerryHenry Wed 14-Oct-09 16:22:00

Cheeky monkey. I suppose you're going to say that's what postnatal ducks wear?

<<scowls>>

etchasketch Wed 14-Oct-09 16:23:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MonstrousMerryHenry Wed 14-Oct-09 16:24:13

<<sticks out tongue>>

Will somebody please take me seriously?

<<threatens to burst into tears - well, it works for other women, why not me?>>

NorbertDentressangle Wed 14-Oct-09 16:26:21

I hear that some of those special mirrors like you get in old style fairgrounds "Hall of Mirrors" can be good.

(Word of Warning though -if you get the wrong one it can do more harm than good )

grin

etchasketch Wed 14-Oct-09 16:29:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Chandon Wed 14-Oct-09 16:30:05

I used a special corset, which I got in hospital, but that was in Italy where all women are obsessed with looks.

In the UK I´d give tummy tuck pants a try, prob not too comfy though...

MonstrousMerryHenry Wed 14-Oct-09 16:31:05

So...give birth in Italy, eh? Not a bad suggestion!

Thanks Marmaduke!

Norbert - am going to ignore you. <<blows raspberry>>

andgodcreatedwoman Wed 14-Oct-09 16:39:11

Only joshing!

I used the trinny and suzannah ones after dd1 and they worked up to a point. I found though that they rolled down just under my boobs, so I ended up with a multiple sausage effect.

I've seen Gok using some that attached to your bra with clips, that'd be better.

Mind you, I found that I felt fatter, even if I looked slimmer, as it was all squished.

Hope this helps redeem me!!

NorbertDentressangle Wed 14-Oct-09 16:43:45

Wheres the <<eyes closed, fingers in ears>> emoticon when you need it smile

LadyoftheBathtub Wed 14-Oct-09 16:46:45

Stay at home on sofa, glug wine and eat copious quantities of chocolate and previously forbidden cheese...

(oh no that was just my post-natal plan - I forgot to include the flat tummy part, oops)

MonstrousMerryHenry Wed 14-Oct-09 16:55:21

I can't hear you...damn! Norbs, have you hidden that emoticon, you wretch?

hatcam Wed 14-Oct-09 17:31:58

spanx that attach to your bra. magic. not desperately comfortable, but they are crotchless!

NorbertDentressangle Wed 14-Oct-09 17:35:25

aaah, here it is MMH grin

MonstrousMerryHenry Wed 14-Oct-09 18:05:45

You are too funny, Norbs! grin

Right. Spanx it is, then.

Kayzr Wed 14-Oct-09 18:42:14

I have this and it is really good.

RubyBooBerry Wed 14-Oct-09 19:18:22

Ooh Kayzr, I was saving up for the AP post-baby knickers, so you think they are worth it? Think some sleb had them and was raving about them.

Kayzr Wed 14-Oct-09 19:23:00

Yes I love mine. I read about Nancy Sorrell having them so decided to try them. They make you look really good.

RubyBooBerry Wed 14-Oct-09 19:28:34

Do they bring in the rib cage too or is that the other ones they don't make anymore?

Kayzr Wed 14-Oct-09 19:31:32

Mine bring in the rib cage. I got mine about 2 years ago so they might have changed them.

Housemum Wed 14-Oct-09 19:58:00

I had a thing called Seraphina - a sort of wrap round velcro-fastening corset that didn't look hideous and wasn't surgical beige! (mine was black) - I wouldn't say it works miracles as I still have a mum-tum, but it was comfy and didn't roll down to a ridge at the top like some of those wonder-pants type waist reducers do.

Here: seraphina

Housemum Wed 14-Oct-09 20:00:22

I think they've changed since I bought mine - I'm sure they only used to sell one, I think mine was the Seraphina 2 as I remember the stripes

hatcam Wed 14-Oct-09 20:01:48

I've got the AP post baby knickers, they're lovely and quite sexy in a big knicker kind of way, but they do roll down from the top. Nice though. Buy them smaller than you think if you want waist wittling benefits.

MonstrousMerryHenry Wed 14-Oct-09 21:08:46

Seraphina sounds good - not least because it's available in black. This black chick don't do 'nude beige'! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now