Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

do i dare

(11 Posts)
puddinmama Tue 13-Oct-09 23:05:05

hi all

so this is a hair thread, ok please try to take me seriously.

i have long thick, naturally wavy hair, some layers in, i suit a fringe, but dont have one as they are hard to care for because of the natural kink in my hair

now i really want a short layered bob with a think layered fringe at the front

my face is round, moon shaped

oh and i am muslim and wear a head scarf and abayah, this is important when deciding hairstyles as i have always kept it long cuz when u take of the headscarf ur hair is flat so i figured at least if its long it would look like i have something goin on

so can i pull this one off at all, will it look nice and how easy hard would it be to take care off

i was thinking that since am not looking to keep it really straight when i take of my scarf i could maybe just fluff it with my hand

at the same time am thinking no, when the scarf comes off i will have not just flat hair but flat little-no hair

suggestions please

can anyone suggest a nice long style then incase i dont go for the bob

thanks

p.s i allow u all to giggle at my scarf dillema, i laugh at myself all the time

GoppingOtter Tue 13-Oct-09 23:08:34

yes you do!!
you are right that a wick fluff up for a choppy bob will relieve the 'headscarf -effect' !

ZZZenAgain Tue 13-Oct-09 23:10:56

I'm wondering if a flattened fringe would annoy you.

I used to have a fringe and wore berets a lot in winter but it always looked kinked out of shape after having a beret clamped down on it. Don't think a headscarf would have quite the same effect though

GoppingOtter Tue 13-Oct-09 23:17:08

zzzz did you used to be someone else??

GoppingOtter Tue 13-Oct-09 23:18:06

'wick fluff up' where did that come from??

bizarre

of course i meant 'quick' ...gone all 'phonic' !

ZZZenAgain Tue 13-Oct-09 23:18:14

well no one particularly interesting. I've changed my nick a couple of times but not that much I don't think, not recently

GoppingOtter Tue 13-Oct-09 23:21:16

i love your profile smile

puddinmama Wed 14-Oct-09 11:44:19

hi

yes the fringe would be kinda flat lookin but it does suit my face much more than no fringe seriously takes years off me

but thing is am one off them a annoying people when i have long hair i want short hair and when i have short hair i want it long although i have never had any kinda major transformation

ok gonna print out some pics to take to hairdressers with me

although wont get till next week, and will probably have changed my mind by then

thanks everyone

ZZZenAgain Thu 15-Oct-09 16:49:52

hope it looks nice. Dread going to the hairdressers personally if I'm going for any big change.

Keep in mind it takes ages to grow out a fringe though. I wouldn't make it too chunky at first.

squashimodo Thu 15-Oct-09 18:58:35

Hi, I wer a scarf too, and my hair is wavy, I keep it around shoulder length. I find that if I dampen my hand and give my hair a quick fluff, that my hair looks ok.
Hope you like your new 'do'

squashimodo Thu 15-Oct-09 18:58:47

wear

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now