Talk

Advanced search

The Joan Collins Fan Club

(15 Posts)
FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Tue 13-Oct-09 22:35:21

I thought that Joan was distracted and could have done with some Spanx, but she looked pretty fabulous (darling) and I agreed with much of what she said.

Who will be joining me and sporting a Hermes headscarf on the school run this morning?

ZZZenAgain Tue 13-Oct-09 22:44:03

did she look good? My dad always tuts about her, saying she wears too much make-up.

I think a waterproof hat might be more like it in this weather.

GentleOtter Tue 13-Oct-09 22:45:24

<disappointed not to find Fanny The Wonderdog>

cremolafoam Tue 13-Oct-09 22:51:12

yes i'll have my headscarf on too.

what age is she now? do you think ther is a wee old woman inside a Joan suit now?

serenity Tue 13-Oct-09 22:52:09

Ditto GentleOtter

SandyChick Tue 13-Oct-09 22:53:36

I wasnt a fan before but i was actually surprised with how well she came across. I agree that we should make the most of ourselves. I was so ashamed sitting in my tracksuit bottoms and my DH's fleece shock that i have given myself a manicure and pedicure!!!!!!!

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Wed 14-Oct-09 09:26:48

GentleOtter and Serenity, I loved Fanny the Wonder Dog too (hence thread title). She was such a trouper and had great stage presence! Gone but not forgotten...

I think that Joanie is well into her seventies. I am also going to acquire a bodyguard to accompany me to the shopping centre.

suggy Wed 14-Oct-09 11:35:22

I think Julian Clary could teach all of us more about glamour ;-)

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Wed 14-Oct-09 14:52:21

He is GORGEOUS and great on make up.

I wonder if he wears his stage outfits on the farm? His next-door neighbour is Paul O'Grady - they must have fantastic parties.

Sourdough Wed 14-Oct-09 15:09:06

No-one else could do that plummy narrator on Little Princess.

I think the real Joanie is a bit scary.

Bambinoloveseggbirds Wed 14-Oct-09 15:14:56

Am I the only one who thinks she has always looked the same age - that age being late 50s. Always been very overrated in the looks dept IMO.

Bleh Wed 14-Oct-09 16:25:41

I missed this. Anyone know if it's going to be online anywhere any time soon?

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Wed 14-Oct-09 18:24:34

Here it is:

www.itv.com/ITVPlayer/Video/default.html?ViewType=5&Filter=104223

If you don't have the time, the main points are:

Fleeces are not glamorous, darling!
Make time for yourself, darling!
Never have tits and legs on show at the same time, darling!
Wear hats, darling!
Love colour, darling!

suggy Wed 14-Oct-09 21:03:44

Hmmm - call me cynical but she's only TV worthy now that 80s Glamour is the thing ! Big shoulders, sequins, stuff that 6 months ago would make us boak...

Also, do you remember that it was Trinny who started the dresses with trousers thing. No one did it at the time and its taken over the world...

ChristieF Thu 15-Oct-09 12:39:29

Oh I love JC. She was very rude to women in the supermarket. For 74 she's a walking miracle. If she's not had work done I don't believe it. I bought her Beauty Secrets book from a secondhand book shop and love it. I don't think she lives in the real world though. Why would she? She's never been beautiful but she sure makes the most of what she has. She has an older woman's tummy. It's coming to us all. A fact of life. Why hide it? She could be lovelier if she'd lay off plastering the make up on. She has lovely facial bones. She is one of very few English film stars left. She's right that women look sluttish today but most women have to dress for the lives they lead. So trousers not dresses when dog walking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now