Talk

Advanced search

Henna experience anyone?

(8 Posts)
MummyToucan Tue 13-Oct-09 20:41:12

Hi there ladies,

I'm considering henna for the first time. I usually have my hair dyed at the hairdressers. Naturally my hair's brown with lots of greys coming through. Now I'm 15 weeks pregnant I'm not dying my hair as usual and I've inch long roots and thinking about henna. I was looking at the Lush range today and am tempted. I'm a bit worried about turning bright orange - anyone with any henna advice or experiences?

Thanks.

fishie Tue 13-Oct-09 21:11:32

try it but don't leave it long and give a very good conditioning afterwards. it gets little bits of leaves in your hair follicles.

Lulumama Tue 13-Oct-09 21:13:30

have used the lush hennas, never got my hair very red,but made it look nice and shiny

MummyToucan Tue 13-Oct-09 21:22:22

Thanks for the advice - think I will go for it!

raspberrytart Tue 13-Oct-09 22:57:36

I use it to brighten my hair.Wrap in cling for at least 3 hours-its a complete faff but hair lovely and shiny.Lasts about 6-8 weeks.My hair is red anyway so I use the marron one to give shine,you wont turn bright orange unless you use the rouge one and leave it on for 5 days.
Good luck!

janmoomoo Wed 14-Oct-09 16:48:39

It is lovely, makes hair shiny and is natural. I used to use the body shop one. Comes in different colours so if you dont want too red get a brown based one.

BUT it STINKS like a compost heap and makes a complete and utter mess and is a right faff and stains anything it touches. Put an old towel on the floor and use gloves. Put cream or vaseline around your hairline and over your ears so they dont get stained. Once you have put it through your hair put a shower cap on (or a tesco carrier bag or cling film will do) and then wrap in an old towel and leave for a good few hours. I have even left it overnight (and also went to the corner shop once with a big hood on!)

It will look lovely!

eeky Wed 14-Oct-09 21:02:07

i recently used the lush brun henna a few weeks ago when heavily pg - also have mousey brown hair now with 10-20% grey I would say - but not coloured it for years. Very thick and quite long. I left the mixture on for 2 hours with a shower cap, not that messy as long as you put it on over bath rather than sink and rinse/wash/condition out for ages. It gave the most beautiful rich brown colour, but quite subtle (which was what I wanted) and very glossy. Made the greys a sot of lighter brown. No hint of red/orange, don't worry. It seemed to fade/wash out pretty quickly over a couple of weeks. No roots.

I will be repeating soon and leaving on for longer or maybe 2-3 sessions few days apart as Lush recommend. Amazing value for money and although slight faff most of time is spent just waiting.

MummyToucan Mon 19-Oct-09 23:20:54

Thanks for the advice - I dyed it on the weekend and I love it. I was a baby and only left it on for 1.5 hours but the greys are much more hidden and the hair is really shiny. Not red at all, just a shiny dark brown - am thrilled. Also, as a bonus a nasty patch of scalp psoriasis I thought I was stuck with is much better - result!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now