Talk

Advanced search

***Anyone else look WORSE in make-up?****

(12 Posts)
silentcatastrophe Tue 13-Oct-09 17:28:17

I think I do. If I were to do it properly it would take ages, then I would smudge my eyes, look like a panda till I saw myself, have to take off whatever was round my eyes, and look a bit odd. It's so tiresome, because I feel that I should be improved by makeup, not making myself look as though I'd stepped out of a grave.

Sagacious Tue 13-Oct-09 17:29:16

I look a whole lot better after a few glasses of wine...

[deluded]

cornsilk Tue 13-Oct-09 17:31:46

Get yourself to space NK and let them sort you out.

cornsilk Tue 13-Oct-09 17:33:11

I look stunning after a bottle of wine Sagacious.

MedusaHead Tue 13-Oct-09 17:34:53

I look a whole lot worse after a few glasses of wine.

I go out thinking I look passable in my slap and then a few hours later there's this pissed, tired looking old hag looking back at me from the toilet mirror.

I know what you mean though. I am rubbish at doing make up and always feel a bit like a clown with it on. It is interesting though how much more attention from men you get just because you've got some make up on.

I don't think it's the make-up Medusa it's what you think make-up does to your confidence that men find attractive.

cornsilk Tue 13-Oct-09 17:39:48

That and the padded bra.

silentcatastrophe Tue 13-Oct-09 17:44:23

Ah, so it's all a big con! So if I feel as though I look as though I've stepped out of a grave, so I shall behave! Can I now go and throw all that ancient gunk in the bin? And foul tasting lip gloss?

The wine... There's an ideagrin There was me just thinking it made me drunkgrin

MedusaHead Tue 13-Oct-09 17:47:54

Yes, maybe it's the padded bra and hot pants and the come hither looks I'm throwing out that does the trick grin

cornsilk Tue 13-Oct-09 17:48:27

(I knew it!)

MaggieBehave Tue 13-Oct-09 17:50:42

I feel like I do. My eyes are quite prominent and my lashes are dark. I feel eyeshadow makes my eyelids look too startling. and my mouth is ok but a little mealy imo...

I often just wear base and a bit of blusher and I feel natural. If I feel like I'd done all these things to look better and I look worse then that's quite demoralising.

silentcatastrophe Tue 13-Oct-09 19:01:44

On a good day in the right light, with enough sleep I can look pretty good. It's when the lights go down or are a bit harsh when everything goes pear shaped! I've never quite had the hang of blusher, since the '80s very pink cheeks, and razor cheek-bones aaaaaggggghhhh.

I have some marvellous stuff that makes the bags under my eyes disappear, but it flattens the rest of my face, so I need more, then I end up with a totally flat face (think pancake), then I need mascara to stop my eyes disappearing altogether, and blusher to give my face a bit of shape and lipstick to stop my teeth looking yellow. Oh the hassle. It's why I don't bother. And I can't rub my eyes! Bring on Gok!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now