Talk

Advanced search

Threading what do we think?

(53 Posts)
megcleary Tue 13-Oct-09 16:30:28

Have had eyebrows, top lip (cringe) and chin (mega cringe) done today and have to say looks good.

But am I now attached to this attempt not to be velcroed to DH's beard for the rest of my days?

Bleh Tue 13-Oct-09 16:39:40

Yes. Get used to it now and start saving

KnickersandVests Tue 13-Oct-09 16:46:39

It's worth it though. Cleanest most effective way to remove facial hair.

DailyMailNameChanger Tue 13-Oct-09 16:48:59

OW shock

Is what I think to that... having my eyebrows done was the worst 10 minutes of my life! Never again grin

megcleary Tue 13-Oct-09 16:54:25

Eyebrows no pain compared to top lip, I was only going for my eyebrows but when she seen my lip and chin I think she was so offended she demanded I get them done and gave me 10% off sad & [happy]

But it does feel and look amazing.

CMOTdibbler Tue 13-Oct-09 16:57:05

It doesn't hurt nearly as much the next time. And at least the pain is over and done with, unlike waxing

DailyMailNameChanger Tue 13-Oct-09 16:59:57

WHat do you mean when you say it is over and done with CMOT?

Waxing I am fine with although I also hate it when they finsh off with the twezers... maybe my hair folicles are just extra determined?

Odd thought that it doesn't hurt when I do it myself though!

Meg, I would say that, if you made it through the first time you could do it again, I do agree that the results are impressive! grin

owlandpussycat Tue 13-Oct-09 17:08:14

Thin once you do this you'll never go back to any other way!

Eyebrow= easy
Top lip=bearable
rest of face( am not overly hairy) omg= found hair where I didn't know existed so once in a blue moon treatment

megcleary Tue 13-Oct-09 17:09:04

£27 every few weeks am not sure I can justify spending that much on myself its just not what I do.

Not only did I manage it though it was in a department store and I had to keep jumping in and out of the chair to deal with my 2 yo dd who behaved like an absolute star in her buggy just dropped some books.

Oh I don't know.

owlandpussycat Tue 13-Oct-09 19:02:07

Check around at local beauty places- I can get all 3 done for £12.50 at local tanning place and woman is very good.

Zembo Tue 13-Oct-09 19:05:53

Department stores charge way too much. See if you can find someone who does it in an asian area - I pay £3 for eyebrows and the results are amazing. I'd pay a lot more actually as the woman who does mine is extremely skilled.

Sourdough Tue 13-Oct-09 19:07:42

I had it done on my eyebrows once and couldn't open my eyes for about 10 minutes afterwards. My facial muscles were in a complete spasm of pain.

Nyx Tue 13-Oct-09 19:13:40

I had it done by an Asian woman in a wee beauty-shop kind of place (nails, etc) and it was AGONY. I didn't think much of the results either. Perhaps she just wasn't very good though, as I've heard a lot of positive things about threading.

Nyx Tue 13-Oct-09 19:14:05

It was my eyebrows - sorry, forgot to mention that!

TheRedQueen Tue 13-Oct-09 19:25:49

Had it done once - unintentionally - on my eyebrows. Was on holiday in Turkey and went for a haircut. Was asked if I also wanted my eyebrows tidying up and naively expected some tweezers!

I would say I found it a bit more painful than plucking or waxing (although that might just have been the element of surprise!) but the result was very clean. Would probably do it again.

megcleary Tue 13-Oct-09 19:27:22

Well this is in the wilds of Norfolk I honestly don't think there will be many places doing it.

No offence to Norfolk, I live here, not from here but it can be a weee bit behind everywhere else.

Hmm will see if DH imppressed by results.

Hulababy Tue 13-Oct-09 19:29:58

I have my eye brows threaded every couple of months. I love it. It seems so much more defined than after waxing, and plucking is too painful for me!

For me threading is a bit painful at times, but no worse than waxing and definitely easier than tweasers.

WUGYouLETMeBiteYourNeck Tue 13-Oct-09 19:33:59

27 quid!!! shock

I get mine done for £6 including tache.
It does hurt and there is something strangely disturbing about hearing the hairs come out and having them shower down onto your face...but looks great once it's done.

Hulababy Tue 13-Oct-09 19:34:01

I pay £8 for eyebrows only

megcleary Tue 13-Oct-09 19:36:24

WUG have you a spare room am moving in, the £27 was even with 10% discount I think I had one of those faces that see was itching to get her hands on and sort out.

She may have wanted before an dafter pic smile

squashimodo Tue 13-Oct-09 19:41:32

I do it myself. I was taught to by a friend back in my uni days before it became fashionable. Whey don't you just take some thread and try.
smile

squashimodo Tue 13-Oct-09 19:42:01

get some thread

squashimodo Tue 13-Oct-09 19:46:09

here

Eve4Walle Tue 13-Oct-09 19:49:21

I wouldn't have it done any other way now. Have been twice, pain was excruciating both times (eyebrows) but over quickly, and not painful at all about 10 minutes after. So much quicker than waxing too.

I pay £10 for eyebrows. Probably can get it done cheaper though, but this is convenient for me.

megcleary Tue 13-Oct-09 19:51:18

ooooh she makes it look kind of dooable!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now