Talk

Advanced search

What do you think I could get for....

(10 Posts)
BunnyLebowski Tue 13-Oct-09 15:18:20

....a Phase Eight dress on ebay? I bought it 2 years ago, wore it once and now it's far too big (it's a size 16).

DP and I are having a massive ebay clear out to make some money for xmas. I want to put a quite high reserve on the dress as it cost me £160 (shock) and is in perfect condition.

It's like

this only it's a beautiful emerald green with black beaded overlay art deco style detail

Would a £50 reserve be too cheeky? Or does anyone want to make me an offer! grin

tigerbear Tue 13-Oct-09 15:21:23

Hmmm, not sure you would get £50, tbh. Things on Ebay rarely go for anything near what you think it's worth. I reckon you might get about £25 - 35 for it. Good luck!

notamumyetbutoneday Tue 13-Oct-09 15:35:08

I agree with Tigerbear I'm afraid- I've had £110 coast dresses sell on ebay for £25. People just aren't willing to pay much on there unfortunately. if you don't mind paying two lots of selling fees then you could always try it with the £50 reserve (if you don't ask you don't get)then if it doesnt sell, list it again cheaper.

BunnyLebowski Tue 13-Oct-09 15:40:03

Hmmm yep I know you're both right. I guess £25 is better than having it hanging in my wardrobe gathering dust!

Someone's gonna get themselves a bargain-tastic dress for the party season grin

Ta both.

notamumyetbutoneday Wed 14-Oct-09 08:53:40

Althoug that said Im curerently selling a Radley purse on ebay (new unwanted gift) and the bids are up to £28! Madness! Don't get the whole dog thing myself.

Are you sure you will never wear it again, for £25 you could probably get it altered to fit you.

tigerbear Wed 14-Oct-09 15:50:50

Notamumy - I know, what IS it with the dog thing? Why would anyone think that a dog on a purse or bag was cool or stylish??

notamumyetbutoneday Wed 14-Oct-09 16:04:44

The latest designs are even worse- not only dog on bag, but dog on bag frolicking throw multi-coloured field with a few random circles/shapes thrown on for good measure! Tasteful...

notamumyetbutoneday Wed 14-Oct-09 16:05:13

frolicking through...

BunnyLebowski Wed 14-Oct-09 16:12:37

Libra - absolutely sure I won't wear it again. I wore it once to a wedding when pregnant as it was the only dress I found that flattered my bump.

Now it is 2 sizes too big and just not my style.

It's going up on ebay tonight.

notamummy - I HATE those Radley bags! So so naff and very 'lady of a certain age'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now