Talk

Advanced search

tall, skinny daughters. What do you dress...

(13 Posts)
Rosie29 Tue 13-Oct-09 09:10:41

yours in??
Both of mine are tall and skinny. most of the hand-me-down jeans etc I have been given fall down on them! I have bought Boden pull-ons which are great but they are out of stock. Any other ideas for trousers? I don't often buy clothes for them as we get given so much, but dd2 is so thin that nothing fits.
Ages 5 and 3 BTW

Sazisi Tue 13-Oct-09 10:57:00

I buy jeans with adjustable waistbands, usually from Next but a few other brands (like Gymboree and Gap) do them too.
Leggings and joggers are a good option too.

Mousey84 Tue 13-Oct-09 11:22:57

Leggings and tunic tops - even adjustable waist trousers fall down on dd (6) and her tush is forever on show. Tights are annoying too

broccoliandchips Tue 13-Oct-09 11:25:47

My two skinny, beautiful and tall little ladies (6 and 3) seem to love leggings. I think they look lovely in them too and they are adaptable, quick to wash and dry and soft and comfy. I've tried trousers with adjustable waistbands but they end up bunching up too much and feel uncomfortable (so they say). Stick to leggings.

ADifferentMe Tue 13-Oct-09 12:26:25

H & M are very good - I've never met a dumpy Swede grin.

This doesn't get any easier - both mine are now 5'9" and size 6 at 13 and 15. There's a gap in the market for tall skinny kids, particularly when they hit the age of about 11.

notnowbernard Tue 13-Oct-09 12:28:40

Skinny Minnies here, too (5 and 3)

Agree leggings are great

H&M

BloodshotEyeballs Tue 13-Oct-09 12:35:17

7yo niece is 7 and tall and skinny. She lives in leggings/skirt combo, skirts and gets jeans from Next although she rarely wears jeans or trousers. She mostly wers Next stuff and has done since birth, with the odd Mini Mode thrown in.

BloodshotEyeballs Tue 13-Oct-09 12:47:35

blush Spot the deliberate mistake!

Rosie29 Tue 13-Oct-09 12:54:10

Thanks for the replies. Yes, adjustable waist bands are out as they still fall down even on the tightest button. Leggings it is but where can you buy ones that are good quality? I have had from Zara in the past for dd1 but they got holes in the crotch and the elastic went baggy. I live abroad, but perhaps my Mum could post leggings out if anyone has a good recommendation. Thanks

Madsometimes Tue 13-Oct-09 13:04:28

My dd1 is tall and skinny. She is 9 but needs to wear age 11-12. She does not find jeans comfortable so tends to wear trousers or leggings with elasticated waist. She is not particularly fashionable and prefers to wear boys clothes.

Slim children get cold easily in this weather, and I am forever wondering why boys clothes are warmer than girls.

Madsometimes Tue 13-Oct-09 13:09:34

Beware H&M when you have older or taller children. Once your child grows out of 1-8 year old clothes, they enter the 9-14 range. My dd1 was 7 when she needed this range and I certainly did not want her to be dressed like a teenager at age 7. In fact, I am not too happy about her doing that now that she is 9.

Rosie29 Tue 13-Oct-09 13:15:33

Madsometimes, where do you buy her clothes from now? I agree, I don't want my 5 year old (who wears 6-7) in 'fashionable' clothes IYKWIM.
And, yes dd2 is always cold, she's so thin, some lovely warm leggings would be great. sigh!

BonsoirAnna Tue 13-Oct-09 13:21:00

There are lots of tall, skinny girls at my DD's school and they all seem to wear skinny jeans, ballet flats and tunic tops with a cardigan over (and perhaps a cotton polo neck under). Looks great smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now