Talk

Advanced search

Eyebrow threading - anyone ever done it?

(8 Posts)
GetOrfMoiLand Mon 12-Oct-09 15:46:05

Ouch ouch ouch it hurts but blimey the results are worth it.

I can't have eyebrows waxed because am a weedy sensitive skin person and end up with red eyes for days, plus never thought the results were any good tbh. I have always plucked them in a half arsed fashion, so they have never looked perfect.

Had them threaded at the weekend and they look wonderful. I keep catching sight of self in reflective surfaces and think look all groomed like Kate Winslet (don't all laugh at once)

If you have never tried it I really recommend it, just have a stiff gin first.

JemintheGraveyardwithghouls Mon 12-Oct-09 15:47:55

OOh I have wanted to try this- I know friends who have it done and it always looks fab. It's similar to waxing though isn't it? in that the hairs are 'plucked' out, or does the threading 'cut' the hairs?

Clarabumps Mon 12-Oct-09 15:52:52

i cannot rate threading enough. gives such a good shape and you dont get the pink strip across your brows like after waxing!the girl plucks the hairs out using twisted thread but the hairs come out in straight lines so you get a really clean finish/ the first eye always waters a wee bit but its well worth the results! be gone to a threading bar now!!

bigTillyMint Mon 12-Oct-09 15:56:31

My friend really rates it, but I prefer waxing. I've got (naturally wink) blonde hair and eyebrows, so it doesn't show too quickly after a waxing.

Had them plucked once, when on holiday abroad. NEVER again!

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 12-Oct-09 15:59:48

It's a really wierd sensation - the threader has a couple of bits of string twisted together, with one end in her mouth, you pull the thread and it goes along a strip of hair and pulls them out at the roots. It feels very odd, like all your hair is being zipped off.

Think brow bars are a good idea - the people develop such a good technique. I am amazed at the difference it has made to my face, I look so much better.

CMOTdibbler Mon 12-Oct-09 20:53:47

It's fantastic - and somehow, it lasts much longer than waxing.

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Mon 12-Oct-09 20:55:29

Oh so very painful but great end result.

MichKit Tue 13-Oct-09 15:07:28

I've been threading since I was 13, but have recently been converted to waxing. But I've got facial skin like a rhino's, so can take both I suppose.

Waxing is good for minimal pain and a more natural brow, plus finer regrowth. Threading for a sleek neat shape, but you need it more often. In inexperienced hands threading is v.v.v.painful, and expert is virtually painless.

I alternate between threading and waxing, as it keeps regrowth minimal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now