Talk

Advanced search

what footwear do we think goes with leggings/miniskirt ?

(15 Posts)
anothermum92 Sun 11-Oct-09 23:18:15

Message withdrawn

colditz Sun 11-Oct-09 23:19:41

ballet pumps or flat boots

MerlinsBeard Sun 11-Oct-09 23:21:29

I wear ugg type boots with mine or the pump type shoes. It's quite a casual look tho imo.

ambercat Sun 11-Oct-09 23:23:09

some very high heels if its for a night out.

anothermum92 Sun 11-Oct-09 23:26:06

Message withdrawn

ScaryFucker Sun 11-Oct-09 23:28:58

skinny jeans/heels

skinny jeans/posh ballet pumps if you don't want to tower over everyone

personally, I don't think flat boots are dressy enough for evening

I am tall too, and always struggle to dress up

I have no trouble with day-wear, or even a thurs/sun night thing

but dress-up fri/sat do's are difficult for me because I don't wear heels

tethersend Sun 11-Oct-09 23:38:36

Ankle boots- especially with a short dress and leggings/tights

anothermum92 Sun 11-Oct-09 23:44:31

Message withdrawn

mwff Mon 12-Oct-09 09:52:21

ooh i was coming to recommend heeled ankle boots but i see tethersend got there first.

i'm only 5'6" but i just got a pair of mid heel ankle boots to wear in just such occasions (well i say mid heel, they're 3" but don't feel teetering and i rarely wear heels). they are fricken cracking boots too, am uber chuffed with them (would have been even better if they'd had them in my size, but needs must )

also mid 30s, but i reckon it looks fine a) with boots as opposed to shoes and b) with leggings as opposed to tights.

i'd go for flattish biker style ankle boots in the day (well, i would if i had an unlimited boots budget) would that work for you in evenings? how much do you stand around on nights out? is the height thing a big issue?

Bleh Mon 12-Oct-09 10:29:45

For Posh Ballet pumps, try French Sole or Pretty Ballerina, or else just try and find a pair on the high street that isn't plain and black. Rocket Dog (sold at schuh) have some rather funky ones.

anothermum92 Mon 12-Oct-09 13:10:03

Message withdrawn

mwff Mon 12-Oct-09 14:02:56

lovely boots were tkmaxx, hence having to make do with size too small. rather disappointed i can't find a pic of them either or i'd have you all rushing out to score some too. they're blue leather/suede with studs shock

i picked them off the shelf to try and there were at least 2 other pairs, by the time i'd wandered up and down in them a bit and gone back to double check there weren't any 7s the other 2 pairs had gone too.

depends on your "look" really whether biker boots would work for evenings. i've always been a bit of a rock chick, and a fan chunky shoes, so i'd say for sure also tis trendy now so actually would say unqualified yes <regrets hasty sale of last pair of biker ankle boots a few years back>

overmydeadbody Mon 12-Oct-09 14:06:00

I wear boots or balet pumps and never feel too casual for night out.

anothermum92 Mon 12-Oct-09 18:18:46

Message withdrawn

JanieF Thu 15-Oct-09 01:03:25

I think heeled ankle boots look fantastic with a short skirt and don't look too tarty. I also LOVE the biker boot look.

See what you think of something like this:
www.pedshoes.com/cydwoq_vintage/cydwoq_vintage.asp?productLineID=1&vendorID=35&productID=822&colorID =1513

or this: www.pedshoes.com/fiorentini_and_baker/fiorentini_and_baker.asp?productLineID=1&vendorID=29&productID =583&colorID=1059

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now