Talk

Advanced search

This "oil cleansing method" of which you speak...

(4 Posts)
TrickOrTrefusis Sun 11-Oct-09 21:28:18

Am trying to get my head around the notion that putting more oil on your skin can help it become less oily. Seems kinda counterintuitive to me, but so many MNers can't be wrong, eh?

For those of you who use it, my question is: do you think it would be suitable for a nearly 11-yr-old girl with (pre)teenage acne? The lucky child has definitely inherited her mother's oily skin sad, and started with the spots a lot earlier than I did. Mostly they're around her hairline and forehead, with some around the sides of her nose. She's been using a Clearasil cleanser which does seem to be clearing the blackheads, but she still has a lot of white/clear-headed spots which seem to be getting worse rather than better. And there's still an all-round general oiliness going on.

Is that the kind of thing that oil cleansing could help with? If so, what sort of combination should she use on such tender skin?

TrickOrTrefusis Mon 12-Oct-09 19:54:25

Anyone about this evening who might know? wink

giddykipper Mon 12-Oct-09 19:57:15

There are some threads on here about it, I've been thinking about giving it a go when my current cleanser runs out. It is definitely fine for oily skin, I think you just use more castor oil. Anyway, have a search, you will find some threads.

garden Mon 12-Oct-09 21:25:42

yes,
give it a go.
as well as oil cleansing i use 'dalacin t'-on presciption but it's fab- not sure if you can use it on teenagers but worth asking- good luck! i've had acne since a teenager and am 41 now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now