Talk

Advanced search

Have I taken leave of my senses or is this coat quite nice?

(24 Posts)
PeachesMcLean Sun 11-Oct-09 19:47:09

here

I'm after something I can wear all the time, including going for a walk, and is warm, but doesn't look like a normal boring fleece / goretex type thing. Nor looks scruffy so I could wear it to work occasionally.

What do you think?

BrokenBananaTantrum Sun 11-Oct-09 19:50:21

I like it but was a bit shock at the price (but I am a cheapskate)grin

reikizen Sun 11-Oct-09 19:52:39

Oh yes, very nice. I too am shock at the price! But then I've been a student for the last 3 years so £25 was the most I've spent on a coat recently!

FABIsInTraining Sun 11-Oct-09 19:53:51

It is nice but mine from Per Una is just as nice and lots cheaper.

PeachesMcLean Sun 11-Oct-09 19:56:38

I know. I'm not sure about the price either myself. it's much more than I would normally spend (the last warm outdoorsy coat i had was £25 from Decathalon) It's just that I'm thinking, well, it's very practical and should be very rain resistant. I tried it on and it's got a really good hood. Proper stuff.

And I haven't seen anything else I like.

Anyway, £ aside, would you look at it and think "deirdre barlow"?

Hmm?

MaggieBehave Sun 11-Oct-09 20:10:02

I think it's quite smart for a weatherproof coat..

mwff Sun 11-Oct-09 20:17:36

looks good to me - i was looking for a longer length properly waterproof coat a couple of years back and there was bugger all available. that looks like a reasonably flattering/smart cut, and the weather proofness of a proper gortex style coat over standard high street stuff makes a world of difference imho i.e. if you're spending all day out in the weather, rather than nipping to/from car/school etc. (and i appreciate the appeal of a Really Good Hood too )

mwff Sun 11-Oct-09 20:18:47

although frankly, if it's raining enough to need a proper waterproof, no-one's stopping long enough to notice the cut of your coat...

PoisonToadstool Sun 11-Oct-09 20:18:58

Oh god I think you've found the holy grail of coats

FABIsInTraining Sun 11-Oct-09 20:20:19

If anyone is interested I bought a long length coat from M&S last year and must have shrunk as it is too long for me. Was going to ebay it but find it scarey over there.

FABIsInTraining Sun 11-Oct-09 20:21:02

Me being the one who has shrunk - not the coat!!

LowLevelWhingeing Sun 11-Oct-09 20:21:55

ooh I like it! I got piss wet through walking through town in my parka the other day, so I'm on the lookout for something that is properly waterproof.

I think the price is to be expected if it really is waterproof.

I wonder where I could try one on...?

Hassled Sun 11-Oct-09 20:23:20

I wouldn't think Deirdre Barlow - I like it lots.

brokenspacebar Sun 11-Oct-09 20:23:20

I love my Merrell coat, so it gets my thumbs up.

I am hoping mine will last a few winters, it is like wearing an electric blanket, but has a bit of shape/style and it is completely waterproof.

deepdarkwood Sun 11-Oct-09 20:23:40

Ooohh, nice. Now find one for half the price smile

LowLevelWhingeing Sun 11-Oct-09 20:37:21

Sod it.

Have ordered.

I really did get very very wet last week. I need a Proper Coat.

Thanks Peaches! smile

PeachesMcLean Tue 13-Oct-09 18:11:32

LLW Ooh my goodness!

I feel responsible now grin I hope you like it! Do report back when you receive it.

scroobiuspirate Tue 13-Oct-09 18:15:00

that is a great coat.

i have a non waterproof parka type, which tbh is useless, but still great.

i must investigate this!

Morosky Tue 13-Oct-09 18:22:07

Looks good to me and reasonable

VinegARGHHHtits Tue 13-Oct-09 18:26:48

i like it

Clayhead Tue 13-Oct-09 18:29:18

It's nice and not badly priced for something waterproof.

bunnybunyip Tue 13-Oct-09 18:32:45

love it

mamalovesmojitos Tue 13-Oct-09 18:50:39

i love it! don't feel that you have to justify the price, a good waterproof coat is priceless really smile

Sourdough Tue 13-Oct-09 18:54:13

I like it, but, while not thinking Deirdre Barlow, am thinking a bit Paul Weller. S'pose it would be nice provided you don't have a mullet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now