Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Where are the best places for small sizes?

(7 Posts)
BeckyBook Sun 11-Oct-09 15:07:29

I have real trouble finding clothes small enough and am wondering if any other petite ladies can help me out. Most places only go down to a size 8 (like Monsoon, Laura Ashley, Phase 8 etc.). Karen Millen does size 4 & 6, Ted Baker does a 0, and I've just discovered Uniqlo's size 4 jeans - but apart from these places I am struggling. Can anyone recommend somewhere in London I can reliably find good quality clothing in small sizes?
Petite sections in M&S etc are no good because I am too tall for them! So frustrating! I am about 5ft6, a size 4-6 and very curvy (small waist, wider hips) so kids clothes don't fit well.
Small girls help me out before I descend on the cream cakes...

southeastastra Sun 11-Oct-09 15:08:30

have you tried american apparel?

BeckyBook Sun 11-Oct-09 15:13:09

Is that not a place for Camden teenagers? I have been in there once but all I saw were pieces of brightly-coloured lycra draped over trendy cool kids. Felt old and frumpy so high-tailed it out of there....

southeastastra Sun 11-Oct-09 15:25:26

er yes, probably good for basics though! you can order online. i still get stuff from there and i'm 40

Jajas Sun 11-Oct-09 15:29:18

I have some camisoles from American Apparel which are nice and not just for teenagers. Another one which at first glance could be deemed hideous is Jane Norman. They do lots of really diddy size 6/8 etc and they are small unlike a lot of petite (i.e. m&s and Next which just ain't). If you can bear to trawl through the dross you can find some nice jumpers etc.

Phase 8 do some nice small stuff, erm who else recently? Miss Sixty jeans go down to very small sizes as do Diesel (I have a couple of pairs of both their jeans). All Saints cardigans and tops are quite slinky and fit me well (I'm size 6 although only 5ft 4"). Fenn, Wright and Manson do some nice stuff that comes up small.

Will keep thinking.

BeckyBook Mon 12-Oct-09 11:04:13

Ooh, I will check out FWM - I work in Marylebone so will visit this week :-)
Hadn't considered Jane Norman so I will wander in the next time I pass one.
All Saints is another one I thought I was too uncool for, but on your advice I will take a peek.
Any other ideas???

Feelingoptimistic Mon 12-Oct-09 14:18:25

I have this problem too.
Zara and Mango are quite good for small sizes.

Interestingly, a lot of the more expensive labels do very small sizes. There must be lots of skinny rich women around... wink
I love trousers from Joseph - expensive, but at sale time they often go down to 70% off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now