Talk

Advanced search

I've got a study, I want a grown up version of pink and fluffy!

(8 Posts)
HellBent Sun 11-Oct-09 13:47:28

It used to be a large cupboard spare room and I'm using it to study in now. I have some spare carpet from my living room (charcoal grey) and that is all. I never had a girly room when I was younger and I am resisting the urge to go bright pink! The rest of my house is quite minimalist and masculine colours, white gloss wood and high ceilings. I love the photo frames you see in Monsoon and I'm hoping you guys can give me ideas for the rest of it.

bodycolder Sun 11-Oct-09 14:29:13

I would paint it a beautiful pale olive an dhave grey and white scheme.Maybe a lovely oak desk and a huge mirror if its small and a really groovy feminine desk chair and lamp.

bodycolder Sun 11-Oct-09 14:40:10

lovely desk and pink!!

HellBent Sun 11-Oct-09 14:48:03

Oh those are lovely! the colours you mentioned are great. But I'm looking for something even girlier, I was thinking of using a dressing table instead of a desk? This is something DD wants and I would have loved as a child. I want something like that but grown up. Just enough space for a laptop would do.

bodycolder Sun 11-Oct-09 15:14:51

this? orthis

CybilLiberty Sun 11-Oct-09 15:48:35

body I've just realised who you are

<slow>

Quattrocento Sun 11-Oct-09 16:00:26

Oh wow, I have just got a room of my own and am doing it up. It's just the best best thing. I hadn't realised how much I was missing not having any space of my own. So liberating.

How about white painted wood shelves, plain walls, pale carpet and nice rug, a painting maybe? And a lovely chair for the desk. IMO you have to pay serious attention to the desk chair - best investment ever.

HellBent Sun 11-Oct-09 17:52:37

Love those two you linked to bodycolder. Quattro I'm so excited about it, i did think about making it DP's new room instead so I had my own bedroom!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now