Talk

Advanced search

Smart but not overly formal dresses

(7 Posts)
snickersnack Sat 10-Oct-09 21:11:05

I have a lovely dress I got from Gap a month ago - brown fine corduroy, fitted just under the bust, 3/4 length sleeves, just above the knee. It's wonderful - perfect for work or not being at work. Just the sort of thing I love - if I could wear it every day I would.

But where can I find similar things? I find it hard to find clothes that suit me/I like - I am a 14/16, fairly evenly proportioned, though I hate my hips/stomach and my upper arms. I like my legs though. I would weep with gratitude if anyone could point me in the right direction...

malfoy Sat 10-Oct-09 21:12:13

Your dress sounds lovely. Any chance of a link?

snickersnack Mon 12-Oct-09 22:00:21

I don't think Gap has an online site in the UK, and I can't see it on the US site. My digital camera has broken, otherwise I'd treat you to a picture of me modelling it. But trust me, it's lovely grin.

janeite Mon 12-Oct-09 22:03:02

Ooh I got a White Stuff catalogue the other day (normally I don't like them but this one had some fabbo stuff in) and there was a dress that sounds similar-shaped to your description. hang on...........

janeite Mon 12-Oct-09 22:04:10

lovely, lovely dress

fishie Mon 12-Oct-09 22:05:29

i have that dress snicker and i have it in grey too. i think it is purple actually. i wear it/them far too often.

try this

there is a small and perfectly formed group of apple shaped dress wearing mners.

snickersnack Mon 12-Oct-09 23:18:43

I love the White Stuff dress, that's just lovely.
They do my dress in grey?! I must check that out - would love one in every muted colour going!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now