Talk

Advanced search

Please help me fine a bag at last...I'm becoming obsessed!!!!!!

(13 Posts)
thesleepyprincess Sat 10-Oct-09 20:36:25

I've been looking for a bag for absolutely ages and even ordered three from various places - none was right and they were all returned!! Surely what I want is not non-existent?? Can anyone help?

I've actually just ordered this one but I'm not sure...opinions welcome!

I need - brown leather/canvas; decent size (minimum 35cm across); long strap to go across body so I can hold DC's hands. Zip top preferably. Um...budget up to £100.

Heeeeelp....

thesleepyprincess Sat 10-Oct-09 20:44:19

nobody??? how about opinions on the bag I linked to??

bruxeur Sat 10-Oct-09 20:49:18

Have a look at Red Direct they have a tan satchel, it's not zip but it is across the body.

thesleepyprincess Sat 10-Oct-09 20:54:37

Thanks bruxeur I'll have a look.

thesleepyprincess Sat 10-Oct-09 20:56:20

Too small but thanks again anyway.

BobtheWoodmouse Sat 10-Oct-09 21:20:20

this any good from Barbour, £79.99

thesleepyprincess Sun 11-Oct-09 08:51:33

Not my cup of tea, Bob, but many thanks for the link. I've seen a Gianni Conti one which seems to tick all my many boxes...it's at the peak of my budget though so I'll have to try and convince DH!

Have you tried looking in mens ranges? It sounds like something they might have.

cleaningsucks Mon 12-Oct-09 00:09:16

found this but its too dear, sadly...

cleaningsucks Mon 12-Oct-09 00:13:59

or this or this or this?

TsarChasm Mon 12-Oct-09 00:59:23

Clarks do some nice bags. I do like this one

thesleepyprincess Mon 12-Oct-09 19:08:36

More replies - thank you so much! Tsar, I LOVE that one and have looked at it in a Clarks shop - it is perfect except it is suede...I've had suede before and it doesn't wear well and goes sort of shiny...I know I'm fussy!!

Cleaningsucks, love the first one but yes, too many pennies. Also like the Topshop leather one but not keen on grey...but good finds!

My TK Maxx one that I linked to arrived today but I wasn't taken by it and took it back to the shop. Have now ordered another, made by Gianni Conti, which I'm just hoping fits the --immensely long and fussy-- bill!

thesleepyprincess Mon 12-Oct-09 19:09:40

Meant to strike through 'immensely long and fussy' hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now