Talk

Advanced search

Your baby/toddler FUNKY(?!) clothes brand recommendations please

(25 Posts)
justlookatthatbooty Sat 10-Oct-09 20:32:45

Sick of dressing DC's in crap clothes. Hunting around on Ebay but not sure what to look for. Am not in the over pink girly flowery thing so much (DD only 3 months) and can't abide the never ending combat trousers and t shirts with trucks on them for DS (20 months). Love Moonkids but can't think of much else to search for. Your tips?

Meglet Sat 10-Oct-09 20:35:15

Hedgepig has some great stuff. Lots of scandanavian brands. Costs £££ though.

you might feel the need to rob a bank after looking at these

NorbertDentressangle Sat 10-Oct-09 20:36:26

DD had a few Uttam Kids things that were pretty "funky" but that was few years ago -not sure what sort of thing they do now.

StewieGriffinsMom Sat 10-Oct-09 20:38:14

Message withdrawn

justlookatthatbooty Sat 10-Oct-09 20:38:23

Oh my god Meglet. I am forever going to hold you responsible for bringing the bank to our front door. (runs up stairs with laptop so husband can't see what I'm looking at)

More of this please. Honest, I'll go and make a few more bob to pay for it. So excited at the idea of not dressing DC's in handed down old tat. nothing wrong with handme downs though.

rachels103 Sat 10-Oct-09 20:40:38

Minymo sell very cool baby and kids' clothes and much more reasonably priced than some of the scarily priced if gorgeous Scandinavian brands. It's sold online through various websites if you google, but we have a lovely local shop which stocks it. Dangerous for my bank balance

justlookatthatbooty Sat 10-Oct-09 20:42:03

oooh thanks you lot. going to take a look now. you are just what I need with you tips.

Meglet Sat 10-Oct-09 20:43:02

Our TX Maxx had some hedgepig brands in the other day. If you have time to rummage you might find some in there.

blithedance Sat 10-Oct-09 20:51:06

Toby Tiger?

seaside72 Sat 10-Oct-09 20:52:04

polarn o pyret have lovely stuff but not online in UK yet so only available in their shops - prob a good job as I would be bankrupt if I lived near one grin

love mini boden of course , molo and no added sugar

monkeysmama Sun 11-Oct-09 08:50:44

I love the scandanavian brands - Smafolk is my favourite. They've just done a long sleeved tshirt for Amnesty International which I love. I also bought a rain suit (anorak & dungarees) with their green apples on & they're so nice I can't wait for it to rain! As far from pink & trucks as you can get. My friend has a website selling Danish & Swedish clothes & often does promotions.

EdgarAllenPoo Sun 11-Oct-09 14:13:46

MOLO!!! here

love toby tiger, and they're made just down the road, so you'd be supporting a local business...

al these brands retail well on ebay, so in a way, the cost is just a deposit, refunded after re-sale..

BertieBotts Sun 11-Oct-09 14:30:45

I love finding unusual/bright/interesting kids clothes

Mini Mode/Boots do nice clothes and some dire stuff too.

Adams are trading online and again are a mix.

Tesco is good this season, Asda and Sainsburys not so much.

On ebay I use the search filters on the left and filter out anything blue or brown so I am left with interesting and unusual things. You can filter by brand as well which helps. (to filter out the worst offenders)

Here are some sample ebay searches for you:

3-6 + 6-9 months Girls

Boys 2-3 years

Boys age 18-24 months

Also if you want to win stuff on ebay, you need to watch it rather than bid straight away. I usually watch things which catch my eye, then go into My Ebay and look at each watched item to see if the seller has any other items I like (I usually try and win at least 2 items from each seller to keep postage down) so I might end up with loads of items to watch on ebay. Then every day I go and look at the items I have watched to see how long they have left, if they have less than a day left or I don't think I'll get on the PC in time to bid then I will bid then - I win a lot more when I bid at the last minute I possibly can than if I bid when I first see the item.

So if you want to shop quickly then sort the searches by "ending soonest" but if you are happy to play the watching and pouncing at the end game then sort the searches by "lowest price" I have left them sorted by "best match" which I think means the ones people have clicked on the most - so not the best way to sort it.

Hope that all makes sense

BertieBotts Sun 11-Oct-09 14:33:30

Oops it seems some of the filters have not worked. If you click on "Choose more" in any of the boxes to the left you can tweak them as much as you want.

EdgarAllenPoo Sun 11-Oct-09 16:18:59

i find a strategy that works for ebay is put down a bid, then never bid up....only the frst bidder can win for the start price iyswim. you may get overbid, but there's plenty of choice in kids clothes...

busybutterfly Sun 11-Oct-09 16:32:31

? hmm ?

Scandinavian brands... sigh... although I can never justify the expense. is another online source.

I found with baby stuff on eBay that I'd do searches for the right age group with "bright" or "bold" or "vivid" (or sometimes "retro") as a keyword in title or description and then look through the photographs. I found a lot of lovely stuff that way.

mummee09v Sun 11-Oct-09 19:13:45

h & m kids!!! i am addicted. reasonably priced, good quality, trendy stuff. both my kids are top to toe h & m. lol.xx

bran Sun 11-Oct-09 19:26:09

Jako-o is mostly quite plain but has interesting colours and some unusual stripey things. Unfortunately it's priced in Euros so not particularly cheap.

BikeRunSki Sun 11-Oct-09 19:43:05

Havn't got time to find links, but try Googling -

Viking Kids
Rainbow Kids
UnderTen (French website, but translates)
Toby Tiger
Boden

also John Lewis, H&M, Boots...

BikeRunSki Sun 11-Oct-09 22:50:41

A previous thread funky clothes thread

daffyd Mon 12-Oct-09 09:09:28

I have ordered from KATVIG online, scandinavian company which is brilliant and very unusual funky clothes.If you look at Junior magazine, the back pages contain plenty of online toddler clothes shops, unusual brands and also very colourful. I also second Polar py net-or whatever its called!- the feels of their clothes very good and they will definitely last.I bought a brilliant winter jacket for my daughter from there and still going strong a year later.

BFAB Mon 26-Oct-09 08:34:40

www.blueforaboy.co.uk - has some funky and unique brands, including Toby Tiger. Also free UK delivery!

ItNeverRainsBut Mon 26-Oct-09 19:06:54

Coo Coo Mashu Not that I have ever bought anything from there, just for window shopping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now