Talk

Advanced search

Mothers off DDs aged 8-10 come tell me about jeans

(13 Posts)
seb1 Sat 10-Oct-09 18:16:52

After a long day at Next, M&S, BHS, New Look and TU I am fed up. DD needs a new pair of comfy jeans but nothing seems to fit, are all jeans now designed to fasten over the widest bit of your tummy and cause max. discomfort, slide down and be too short to pull up, please tell me I am not the only one with this problem.

MillyMollyMoo Sat 10-Oct-09 18:26:40

No my DD aged 9 hasn't worn jeans for years because of this, we finally found a pair in John Lewis that she likes but they still don't look comfortable.

Mine have always worn soft cargo trousers with a bit of elastic in the waist to help with this plus the cotton is softer I think.

Jux Sat 10-Oct-09 18:44:15

No, it's a nightmare. Coupled with the fact that dd wants jeans with pretty embroidery on them like you get for 5year olds too. It's horrible, I tell you, HORRIBLE

grin Give up.

mumwhereareyou Sat 10-Oct-09 20:45:00

We also have the same problem, but have just brought a pair from Monsoon in the sale which she loves and fits nicely and also a pair from TX Maxx, but we looked for what seemed a lifetime.

gothicmama Sat 10-Oct-09 20:47:44

it takes forever to find a decent pair that fit and are comfortable.

KristinaM Sat 10-Oct-09 22:28:57

i have very skinny smallish 9yo DD. the only jeans that fit are H&M skinnies and asda.

colette Sat 10-Oct-09 22:43:18

kristinaM have a similar 10yr old and the other place is Zara

lucykate Sat 10-Oct-09 23:08:26

i have real trouble finding jeans to fit dd, she's 7 and is big for her age. my mum bought her a pair of skinny jeans at christmas and it all ended in tears because she couldn't get them on.

KristinaM Sat 10-Oct-09 23:09:21

thanks colette, i will check that out

lucysmum Sun 11-Oct-09 21:12:28

Gap have a range of styles/fits and elastic in waist even for older kids

Pollyanna Sun 11-Oct-09 21:17:00

my elder 2 dds who are skinny wear jeans from either Gap or Boden. other jeans that we have tried are usually a bit baggy for them round the hips/bottom, even if they have the adjustable waistbands.

Boden skinny jeans look fab imo and last for ages (they are handed down through my 3 dds).

brokenspacebar Sun 11-Oct-09 21:19:25

Lucykate Monsoon seem generous, my dd had a pair (they went missing after I lent them to one of her friends, who had an accident). They were supposed to be skinny, but were baggy on dd, and way too long (I bought her age 7, she was 8 a few months ago), they have an adjustable waist too.

They were the only jeans my dd had, bought her a cheap replacement pair from Tesco, but they are not comfortable.

Earlybird Sun 11-Oct-09 21:20:20

Gap works for dd. They have a 'slim' fit for slender girls, and other designs for other bodies. As lucysmum says, all have adjustable waists.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now