Talk

Advanced search

oi sequin skirt lovers

(17 Posts)
NyeEve Sat 10-Oct-09 18:06:59

that one on ebay is about to end
i relcon £25

eshermummy Sat 10-Oct-09 19:24:00

Can I hijack for a min and ask about feather skirts - I view as being in a similar category to sequin.
There is a lovely Lipsy black feather skirt in this weeks Grazia that I am coveting but cannot find it online to link.
Full page pic in the 100 under £100 feature.

DH says I will look like a shuttlecock grin

NyeEve Sat 10-Oct-09 19:25:43

god no i love em
was looking at an article linking to a sequin vest from zara in a mag and I thought the key is to wear sequins on your best bit really as they are so unforgiving.
this hteory for me rules out the vest - ven under a cool v neck sloppy sweater or cardigan.
next sell lipsy dont they - rather oddly.

CybilLiberty Sat 10-Oct-09 19:26:47

How in gods name would you clean a feather skirt? Roll around in a dust puddle?

NyeEve Sat 10-Oct-09 19:27:38

shop style always handy

NyeEve Sat 10-Oct-09 19:30:27

btw girl at school had a fabbo primark large pewter sequin shopper
loved it
I carried it to take the register

NyeEve Sat 10-Oct-09 19:31:07

here

NyeEve Sat 10-Oct-09 19:31:32

.. is it me or does that ebay listing sound rather...pervy

"you know you want it"

CybilLiberty Sat 10-Oct-09 19:32:11

Everyione in Kingston has those Primark shoppers. Their sequinned clutch is nice, looks large and expensive. But again, I fear every bastard will ahve one

eshermummy Sat 10-Oct-09 19:32:30

I have very nice cashmere/wool long vest thing from jigsaw in grey with stripes of black sequins.
Is from last winter or poss 2 winters ago - was wearing it as evening top (think I wore it last NYE) but am going to start wearing it in day with jeans and thin black long sleeved thing underneath.
I too am part-human part-magpie.

NyeEve Sat 10-Oct-09 19:33:23

oh should i buy one then
i thought maybe everyone wil lol.
kids said it was nice" but not with your teacher clothes"

arf

NyeEve Sat 10-Oct-09 19:33:40

got to go
harry hill

tulpe Sat 10-Oct-09 20:02:30

The Primarni sequin shopper is fab. I have it in pewter too. It is so roomy and you can throw all yer crap in there . It is quite sturdy too. Also survived a week being used as a beach bag.

Have only seen one other person with it and it was black. Not as nice, imo.

eshermummy Sat 10-Oct-09 20:33:41

Yes, i am liking that sequin shopper - do they still have it in?

Cybil, Kingston is my shopping stamping ground too - how could I have missed the sequin bag action?

Tulpe - thanks for your advice on other thread re floral dresses and boots - found this reduced to half price in oasis yest. Don't normally do frills but think it works with thick tights and choc brown knee high boots.

NyeEve Sat 10-Oct-09 20:37:56

god primark here is a 20 m drive
cant be arsed
wonder how much it is in store

tulpe Sat 10-Oct-09 20:42:53

Eshermummy - love your new dress Agree that it will definitely work with choc tights and boots. And navy is sooo my colour........hmmmm....I can feel a purchase coming on

NyeEve - I think the sequin shopper was about £6. Mine was a gift from a friend after I had admired it in store the week before I have LOVELY friends

eshermummy Sat 10-Oct-09 20:57:26

I also grabbed this as a bit of an afterthought and was really pleased with it when I tried it on at home - similarly reduced to £25 and it looks fab with the Day Birger knee high boots (decided to keep them in the end grin). Much less sack-like and more dress like in rl.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now