Talk

Advanced search

Can't afford it but LOVE it - what to do ???

(17 Posts)
ashbrook Sat 10-Oct-09 11:01:19

This jacket is back in stock and I am lusting big time.

But is it really an investment piece ie will my daughters be fighting over it in twenty years or will it look like I am trying too hard ????

Opinions please !

ashbrook Sat 10-Oct-09 11:02:56

Oops

Link here ...http://www.my-wardrobe.com/antik-batik/walice-sequined-blazer-520507

I am thinink ahead a bit but it could work as a good option for a maternity dressy outfit ??

AbricotsSecs Sat 10-Oct-09 11:03:18

Message withdrawn

AbricotsSecs Sat 10-Oct-09 11:04:09

Message withdrawn

TracyK Sat 10-Oct-09 11:15:31

Nic - but are there not many copies out there in high street world - I've seen quite a few.

BloodRedTulips Sat 10-Oct-09 11:19:36

sorry but i hate it, it's really horrible.

i think it's more likely your daughters will fall around laughing at it when they come across it after you're gone and then shove it in a charity bag

PuppyMonkey Sat 10-Oct-09 11:21:21

Eeeek, you wouldn't would you? shock

It looks like something a 90 year old might like if she were going to the Christmas do at Age Concern (dressed as a Christmas tree).

IMHO...

MadameOvary Sat 10-Oct-09 11:24:09

I haven't seen it but the words "sequined" and "blazer" together make me squirm.

bubblerock Sat 10-Oct-09 11:27:05

Oh, my eyes!! shock

bamboo Sat 10-Oct-09 11:27:17

I can't imagine paying that for any one item of clothing tbh. If I could afford that sort of money I'd want it to be a piece I could wear anytime, anyplace, anywhere.

I mean, it's not really school run clobber, is it grin?

PuppyMonkey Sat 10-Oct-09 11:30:40

WTF? I didn't even notice the price, I was so shocked by the pic. £298!!!! Jaaaaay-sus.

brimfull Sat 10-Oct-09 11:35:06

it's trendy atm but and it will probably be trendy again in a few decades

I like it if it's worn with the casual look like the model.

Obvoiusly not for school run but could be quite a useful jacket..

Too &&& you can get a silver one in top shop atm

angrypixie Sat 10-Oct-09 11:43:58

NOOOOOOOOOOOO Nuff said?

LowLevelWhingeing Sat 10-Oct-09 11:47:14

Wasn't there a thread recently about sequins=ageing? I think Linda Bellingham would look nice in it.

PuppyMonkey Sat 10-Oct-09 11:47:54

Oh, I'm so glad not to be trendy in that case ggirl! grin

ashbrook Sat 10-Oct-09 11:51:40

OOOhKay !!

I have looked at lots of cheaper alternatives but having seen this irl the quality is fantastic- very heavy and not all all shinny so it is not too bling and in your face...

My DH would be in agreement with most of you and lets just say I would not be getting lots of compliments everytime I wore it :-) but that said I do love it.

HerHonesty Sat 10-Oct-09 11:52:58

to be really honest i think its a bit grannyish looking. i have seen high street equivalents which look less ageing if you ask me.

daywear? if wore that round here during the day people would think i had gone a bit funny..

your kids will be fighting over it in 20 years time... over which grandchilds dressing up box it will go in...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now