Talk

Advanced search

After some ver off seasons and poor quality clothes, Boden seem to have got their acts together again.

(45 Posts)
moondog Thu 08-Oct-09 23:03:13

I spent a bloody fortune on lots of things, most arrived, all divine and so well made.
Good man Johnny!

aWitchForLifeNotJustHalloween Thu 08-Oct-09 23:06:36

go on then, gimme linkys. you know you want to grin
(gigglewitch here btw)wink

moondog Thu 08-Oct-09 23:10:17

Weeeeell, I bought tweed and corduroy jackets, tweed skirts (really funky orange and pink one) and some cardigans and viscose tops and other stuff yet to come. Also had a 4 for 3 offer which was great as I got 3 lots of 4 items.

CristinaTheAstonishing Thu 08-Oct-09 23:11:37

I didn't have you down as a Boden laydee, Moondog.

moondog Thu 08-Oct-09 23:14:43

Oh, I am really.
Very sensible really with my Earl Grey and Torygraph.

moondog Thu 08-Oct-09 23:15:27

I bought a beautiful raspberry corduroy jacket.The lining is so beautiful and every single button was carefully wrapped in tissue paper.

llaregguBOO Thu 08-Oct-09 23:16:55

I've got the purple corduroy jacket and I love it. I've also got the knitted Henley dress in red and it is just perfect.

BiteOfFun Thu 08-Oct-09 23:18:02

I got the catalogue today, as I have bought a couple of kids bits recently, and I thought it all looked a bit unwearable, unless you are willowy and eccentric.

I am seeing you with eyes afresh, moondog wink

CristinaTheAstonishing Thu 08-Oct-09 23:18:11

But you don't want sensible, moondog. You want sassy.

aWitchForLifeNotJustHalloween Thu 08-Oct-09 23:20:30

well moony can be sensible sometimes hmm can't she?
Come on, gimme links!! grin

moondog Thu 08-Oct-09 23:20:50

Or flippy. grin
Actually i prefer Johnny's uncool bouncy labrador style to someone trying to be 'edgy' (cringe).

Incidentally, what is with calling everything 'Henley'. I bought a Henley tunic but from White Co. not JB.

CristinaTheAstonishing Thu 08-Oct-09 23:24:02

Is it from the Henley Regatta? Aspirational middle class subliminal crap?

moondog Thu 08-Oct-09 23:28:33

Blazer

shirt

spotty blazer

velevet skirt alalrmingly popular

fantastically well made tweed skirts

as are these

cashmere cardies

#marker #7

preety cardigan

Jajas Thu 08-Oct-09 23:33:17

Tis well made stuff for sure. Moondog I had you down as a sort of left of centre, Guardian reader grin! Not sure why as don't remember thinking about it consciously?

CristinaTheAstonishing Thu 08-Oct-09 23:36:42

Me too, Jajas. I'll see the rantings in a different light now. Not that it would bother Moondog.

BTW I meant aspirational middle class crap regarding going to the Henley Regatta.

moondog Thu 08-Oct-09 23:38:53

Am with you on Henley stuff. Aye, probably so but every catalogue seems to bang on about it.

Jajas, worrying and turning right more and more.I even had fond thoughts about David Cameron today....... shock

aWitchForLifeNotJustHalloween Thu 08-Oct-09 23:41:50

oh goodness me - pmsl at you doing all those links grin
Didnt you get a lot of stuff shock

I am almost ashamed to admit I like it <sorry, that's a compliment, I promise>

moondog Thu 08-Oct-09 23:44:00

grin
I have been doing a lot of shopping now I have finished my MSc and have more than 10 mins a day to myself.

They don't look like much but they are so lovely ( I actually bought more than that but my fingers got tired linking.)

CristinaTheAstonishing Thu 08-Oct-09 23:44:20

I wore this for a job interview today. (Got the job.)

I can't wait to wear my new purple velvet coat and wonder whether this one would look even better.

Are the tweed skirts not too scratchy? I haven't seen one IRL. I've seen one of these dresses and it looked stunning, in a trolly-dolly sort of way.

Jajas Thu 08-Oct-09 23:46:01

David Cameron! Good lord woman, go and lie down in a darkened room until you're feeling better grin!

Isn't funny how you picture people on here in your head (or is it just me who pictures little people living inside my laptop all dressed up in Boden/Primark/Gucci reading their favoured daily newspapers grin!).

moondog Thu 08-Oct-09 23:50:37

Indeed. grin

Oh well done Cristina. Something creative eh to merit a sassy little number like that?

lisalisa Thu 08-Oct-09 23:57:47

I got lots of stuff this season moondog too. And my lovely shirt dress in black denim ( can't do links sorry) was also wrapped - as to each button- in tissue paper. I liked that touch too.

I kept everything blush even though i'd fervently meant to keep only a few things - but I do find that I reach for the boden stuff again and again - washes well and colours are great.

CristinaTheAstonishing Thu 08-Oct-09 23:58:16

Not really. Clinical research, unless you think I'm being creative with the numbers. But I went to the hospital in the morning, so I needed something with "bare below the elbows" that I could also use later for an interview. So no formal suits or jackets.

moondog Fri 09-Oct-09 00:09:21

Ah Cristina, bet you will brighten yup the lab. Do you wear big goggles and do serious things with those multi version pipettes and petri dishes in manner of adveerts? (Oh, and frown a bit?)

Clary Fri 09-Oct-09 00:28:41

Moondog is that velvet skirt nice? I am lusting after it (tho I see it would have to be a Chrissie pressie)

I like the purple. Is it OK that it isn't lined??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now