Talk

Advanced search

I need a really nice tunic style top

(3 Posts)
Greatfun Thu 08-Oct-09 17:25:36

I have spent the best part of the afternoon trying on dresses which have highlighted the true extent of my lardiness. I have contemplated self loathing and such like but have instead decided to join weight watchers. So, in the meantime whilst still in this state of much lardiness DH has rather inconveniently decided to book a trendy restaurant for our anniversary. I have decided to wear slim leg trousers (mostly as this is the only part of me to actually look slim blush) so I need a really lovely looseish top to disguise the spare set of tyres around my middle. I am 35 and size 14 and about 2 stone overweight to give you an idea of what I look like. I am hoping for stylish and trendy. I am going to check out the french connection website for inspiration. Any ideas would be gratefully received. Thanks.

chattermouse Thu 08-Oct-09 17:43:05

I have the boden merino ruffle tunic and it is a both stretchy and a loose cut. I got it in an 8. I am an 8 on top but a definate 10 on the bottom. The tunic is loose and flattering on lower half and skims over slight mum tum. Would recommend it. Plus you could try it in a size 12 so it will still fit after you lose weight?

Many Fat Face tops are quite flattering to the lardier among us, IME.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now