Talk

Advanced search

all you ladies who are fellow pink-lovers...advice please!

(18 Posts)
LetThemEatCake Wed 07-Oct-09 23:03:00

I have this top which i've worn once. Have just never been able to make it 'work'

Any ideas or should I just stick it on ebay??

tulpe Wed 07-Oct-09 23:07:04

Give it to me. I can work it wink

Presuming you have tried skinny jeans and heels? Or very slim fit black trousers?

tulpe Wed 07-Oct-09 23:09:20

Also, do you tuck in - as per additional images on NAP or perhaps try with chunky waist belt?

Would also team with boyfriend blazer or layer tee beneath for more casual look.

YouLukaAmazing Wed 07-Oct-09 23:09:24

Message withdrawn

LetThemEatCake Wed 07-Oct-09 23:10:11

yes, the one time I wore it was with dark skinnies and sky-high Louboutins. I looked pregnant.

Think it would be too big for you tulpe - US4. I'm a 10 up top, aren't you a teeny tiny 8? envy

Megglevache Wed 07-Oct-09 23:11:03

LTEC that is gorgeous!

Keep it and wear with lots of marl/grey colours and purple.

Yummers.

LetThemEatCake Wed 07-Oct-09 23:11:45

oooh, Megs!! how are you?

Megglevache Wed 07-Oct-09 23:13:23

Good, good. How are your three ahhh such a perfect number of children grin

Keeeeeeeep the top it's lush!

YouLukaAmazing Wed 07-Oct-09 23:13:32

Message withdrawn

tulpe Wed 07-Oct-09 23:13:51

I am indeed, LTEC. <<Tulpe sulks at thwarting of pink top stealing plan>>

If you looked pregnant when wearing, then definitely try with belt or tucked in.

BobtheWoodmouse Wed 07-Oct-09 23:50:03

tucked in with margaret howell type trousers, expensive belt and ankle boots - burberry prorsum.

trousers

boots

LetThemEatCake Thu 08-Oct-09 07:12:24

<<decides to studiously avoid all future posts by Bob, for fear of bankruptcy....>>

The top stays wink

Luka - no, I actually wasn't pregnant at the time!! LOL

Megs - it's truly lovely. But maybe would be better with 4 wink

traceybath Thu 08-Oct-09 07:24:43

Ebay it.

I find tops like that always make me look pregnant but i'm about a foot shorter than you.

Gorgeous colour though.

traceybath Thu 08-Oct-09 07:26:41

but having spent a large part of the last 5 years pregnant or bf I am paranoid of looking pregnant whem I'm not . . .

Megglevache Thu 08-Oct-09 07:41:19

Those boots are amazing!

If only I could walk in very high heels.

BobtheWoodmouse Thu 08-Oct-09 08:38:40

LTEC grin I can't afford them - but I'm happy to live vicariously should someone else be tempted...

LetThemEatCake Thu 08-Oct-09 18:06:49

god, speaking of living vicariously - how nice am I?? in Gap with my mum today and saw a longline, buttonless cardi in the perfect shade of pink ... £40 down to £20 ... Italian merino wool... and not only did I let her have it, but I even bought it for her!! Hmph. Anyway, clearly it was meant to come with a belt (which was missing, and the loops were broken) so I got it for £16 grin

she's chuffed to bits, bless her. She also bought silver sequin converse today so she's feeling Funky Granny extraordinaire grin

BobtheWoodmouse Fri 09-Oct-09 16:38:35

grin Very nice of you - LOL, that is like me - squeeze a few more pounds off for missing belt/broken loop. Good on your mum too for her silver converse. I am very late to the world of converse, bought my first pair ever this year in leather metallic old gold shade and have a mind to buy plain all leather black ones for the winter if I can bear to be prised from my fugly fitflop boots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now