Talk

Advanced search

dual purpose tartan dress

(8 Posts)
moulesfrites Wed 07-Oct-09 18:09:41

Here's a challenge for you all. I have been invited to a party next weekend. The theme is tartan and there will be a celidh. However, I have also got a job interview coming up and was thinking about getting something I couldd possibly wear for both - perhaps a smart tartan shift dress or something? I have found one on the warehouse website but is £120 - was thinking about half that as a budget!! TIA

brokenspacebar Wed 07-Oct-09 19:16:00

It is quite hard finding tartan dresses, esp to suit an interview, I did see one online recently but cannot find it now.

here

size 12 only

mango

possibly a tad short

lovely, but £££

moulesfrites Wed 07-Oct-09 19:48:10

oooh, I do like the ted baker one! Shame about the price! Thanks

tulpe Wed 07-Oct-09 21:28:28

Great for party but not for interview

here at ASOS

sleepsforwimps Thu 08-Oct-09 08:45:06

Not sure it is suitable for both, or either infact grin but this is the only one I could find for less £££ so thought i'd add it.

brokenspacebar Thu 08-Oct-09 12:00:47

You need to get the Ted Baker one, and do that fashion maths thing of cost per wear, you won't just wear it twice. It would be good for xmas/new year. Nights out, days out (worn with a black t-shirt or white shirt it could be less formal looking, maybe?

moulesfrites Thu 08-Oct-09 21:56:47

Thanks guys, I tried on the Ted Baker one tonight, but wasn't great - the beigey background colour made me look a bit washed out. I have ended up getting this skirt - it look nicer in real life - thought I could wear it with a black top for party and black jacket for interview

brokenspacebar Thu 08-Oct-09 23:52:29

Good luck with the interview moules. I wish I was going to a ceilidh.

I like the skirt, good choice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now