Talk

Advanced search

Stressed hair - can any hairdressers advise?

(3 Posts)
bambootoo Wed 07-Oct-09 13:30:39

I have long, fine straight highlighted hair. I wear it up most days and give the fringe and sides a quick coolish blast with a hairdryer in the morning - usually with no problems.

At the moment its looking like loft insulation and is quite broken off around the hairline.

I've got a hairdressers appt next weekend for a half head of highlights but I'm wondering whether to have a semi permanent colour put on until it recovers as I really dont want to cut a lot off.

Will this do anything? are there any good product at I can use to get it looking healthy again? My hairdresser is great but does TiGi products, which I havent really got on with in the past.

Can i save it before next weekend? Thanks

lancarra1 Wed 07-Oct-09 16:41:24

hi I am a hairdresser and I would put lo lights in as they are not quite so damaging to the hair,as for the breakage if your hair is really fine tying it up every day can cause breakage. I would get some coconut oil or olive oil cover your hair in it, cover with cling film and wrap warm towel around for a couple of hours. When you come to wash it put shampoo on BEFORE wetting it to emulsify and then the oil can be removed/ hope this helps

bambootoo Thu 08-Oct-09 09:29:42

Thanks so much - will try. Yes, very fine hair, maybe I'll try wearing it down a bit more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now