Talk

Advanced search

Looking for quirky type clothes similar to Uttam/Yumi

(12 Posts)
sleepsforwimps Wed 07-Oct-09 09:46:38

Can anyone point me in the direction of online or High Street shops that are similarly quirky in style?

Desperately need some dresses/tunics to wear with my new skinny jeans and my old faithful biker boots.

cherryblossoms Wed 07-Oct-09 10:01:41

Topshop - but is that where you've been buying from already? I think they do Uttam in their downstairs dept - or at least, very similar. I think everything is available on-line (?) but you will have to search.

sleepsforwimps Wed 07-Oct-09 10:15:28

I always pop in Topshop but it is a very small store here (no downstairs dept!) and I never see anything I like.. but thanks will have a browse online just incase.

brokenspacebar Wed 07-Oct-09 10:17:56

Joy - sells uttam and yumi, might have similar.

Warehouse, h&m, French Connection sometimes worth a look, and Zara do that sort of boho look too.

sleepsforwimps Wed 07-Oct-09 10:32:37

Already mainly shop in H&M and when lucky find some Uttam and Yumi in TKmaxx. I'm just lost where to shop on the High Street, I had a rare shopping trip on my own at the weekend and I couldn't find any tops/dresses that I liked. Twas very depressing as normally have a one year old in a sling and a two year old in tow so totally peeved I found nothing. sad

I've now decided to shop online for dresses/tops as it will be so much easier and just thankful I found a pair of jeans to fit me whilst I was shopping on my own (oh the joy of being in a changing room trying on clothes on my own, was fab!).

Really liking the look of the clothing on Joy, thankyou for that suggestion. smile

herjazz Wed 07-Oct-09 10:36:02

urban outfitters

was going to say tkmaxx - that is where I get most of my yumi stuff

Honeypeckle Wed 07-Oct-09 10:43:36

asos.com they have a great mix of clothes and add new items every day...

sleepsforwimps Wed 07-Oct-09 10:49:36

Just found this Joe Brown dress does anyone have it? Does it fit well? opinions please on whether you think it would gape, as can't be doing with gaping or having to wear something else under it.

I've just realised why I am having such trouble finding something I like on the High Street, it's because I don't 'do' buttons on dresses/tunics, this appears to be a big problem at the mo..

kaz1054 Wed 07-Oct-09 10:49:53

Dorothy Perkins have Uttam clothes online and it's 20% off everything today too.

sleepsforwimps Wed 07-Oct-09 10:51:05

Damn, the link didn't work, it meant to be a link to the Flattering Floral Dress.

sleepsforwimps Wed 07-Oct-09 10:53:04

Dotty P's do Uttam?! I didn't realise that, again very small Dotty P's near where I live.. will have a look online.

snowmummy Wed 07-Oct-09 12:57:28

I have the flattering floral dress and it fits me well. I have worn it without anything underneath and it was fine.

New Look do some 'boutique brands' that have some quirky bits and pieces. Might be worth a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now