Talk

Advanced search

are you getting blonder by the year?

(6 Posts)
CristinaTheAstonishing Tue 06-Oct-09 23:43:58

Has this happened to you?

"What I object to is that insipid apology of a hair colour that seems obligatory for a certain kind of thirty- and fortysomething woman. These broads start their gentle descent into middle age good and brunette (even: good and mouse) and then slide limply into a state of mid-blonde with caramel low lights through the course of a decade. They'll pretend it happened to them by accident. They'll pretend they never wanted to be this blonde (for fear of seeming - what, precisely? Blonde by design?). They'll return from their salons saying things like: "Oh no! It's much blonder than I wanted it to be! I told Sean not blonde, not blonde at all ... I did! But look at it!" And then they'll go back for more of the same six weeks later." from here

solo Tue 06-Oct-09 23:45:28

Mines going gradually silver. Does that count as the same sort of thing?hmm

solo Tue 06-Oct-09 23:45:48

Sorry *mine's

CristinaTheAstonishing Tue 06-Oct-09 23:53:37

I don't know, Solo. I thought it made a good point, but a bit harsh & bitter sounding.

written by a man twat?

maybe more to do with blonder tones being more flattering/sympathetic to older skin tones?

CristinaTheAstonishing Wed 07-Oct-09 00:11:04

She's talking 30s and 40s here when the skin is not yet aged and sallow or the hair going grey so I don't think it's to flatter the skin or hair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now