Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Boo Hoo! My "perfect" coat has already sold out! Can anyone console me or even perform a sartorial miracle and magic one up??

(17 Posts)
AngelinaJolly Tue 06-Oct-09 22:12:24

Here. It would have suited the pedalling-with-2-toddlers-on-the-bike-and-still-looking-cool lifestyle that I have aspire to. Sniff!

AbricotsSecs Tue 06-Oct-09 22:17:17

Message withdrawn

AbricotsSecs Tue 06-Oct-09 22:18:05

Message withdrawn

brokenspacebar Tue 06-Oct-09 22:21:38

This aigle one is similar but twice the price.

squeaver Tue 06-Oct-09 22:24:58

AJ - are you in London? Cos I was in the Uniqlo shop in Oxford St today and they had rails of trenches - and in more colours than on the site.

AngelinaJolly Tue 06-Oct-09 22:26:26

Hoochie, I appreciate the thought, but alas it changes nothing! Off to bed with you now, 'tis late!

AbricotsSecs Tue 06-Oct-09 22:29:47

Message withdrawn

AngelinaJolly Tue 06-Oct-09 22:32:51

Brokenspacebar- I like the Aigle one- but not as much. And I have had a wee spending spree of late so couldn't justify it. I think the details on the +J are great- funnelly neck, drawstring thing etc..

Squeaver- I'm in Cambridge (hence cycling everywhere) and have 2 little DDs who would make a trip to the big smoke quite impossible. However I will phone Oxford St tomorrow and plead!
Did they look nice? And what about the mid guage cashmere? Did you buy anything- please 'fess up! [nosey emoticon]

squeaver Tue 06-Oct-09 22:38:57

Well I hope we're talking about the same thing, but I very very nearly bought a plum coloured trench that does look like the one in the picture. Didn't see the cashmere, sorry.

I love Jil Sander with a passion but the coast was really the only thing that floated my boat.
Was actually a bit disappointed.

squeaver Tue 06-Oct-09 22:41:04

Have just realised it was the Lightweght Taffeta one on hoochie's link. So not the same thing at all. But very nice all the same.

AngelinaJolly Tue 06-Oct-09 22:48:36

Thanks Squeaver, that helps. If I can't get my mitts on one easily I will try to convince myself that I'm having a grass is greener moment.

Anyone else on Uniqlo/ Jil Sander?

trixymalixy Wed 07-Oct-09 00:27:03

That was the one i wanted too Angelina sad. Maybe a couple will turn up on ebay.

ok I might be shot here but Asda had some nice looking (lined as well) trenches in a couple of weeks ago, not particularly fashion forward but would do the job and not look bad.

Mumsnuttier Wed 07-Oct-09 11:50:22

Oh, how I wanted the JIll Sander tuxedo one. Alas, only the minuscule can still ge tone and I am hefty ...

faustina Wed 07-Oct-09 12:46:43

try the website again - they restocked. I finally managed to buy the peacoat this morning.

Mumsnuttier Fri 09-Oct-09 18:05:49

not yet ... but i am lurking there almost as much as here ... grin

AngelinaJolly Fri 09-Oct-09 18:09:57

Me too. I keep checking in case someone returned one. No such luck... yet.

I even called HQ. They said there'd be new stock of new stuff but not of the coat I want. Sniff!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now