Talk

Advanced search

Electrolysis for red vein removal on face

(13 Posts)
pilates Tue 06-Oct-09 10:02:57

Am thinking of having this done, has anyone had this and, if so, was it successful or is laser treatment a better option?

Pannacotta Tue 06-Oct-09 17:13:54

I have had both done and found the electrolysis more effective, though there is some minor scabbing afterwards for a few days.
Both are painful but at least the electrolysis is much, much cheaper.

bodycolder Tue 06-Oct-09 17:16:25

Avon do a potion that does that.It stings like hell after the first about 3 days but it does work

boodeniites Tue 06-Oct-09 19:50:29

what kind of pain is it? is it like an electric shock?>>>scared

pilates Wed 07-Oct-09 11:31:34

Pannacotta, how long after the treatment did it take for your skin to calm down and for you to notice a difference?

Pannacotta Wed 07-Oct-09 16:39:54

I'd say it took about 4 days after electrolysis and you can see the improvement then.
Laser is faster after a day or so, but not sure I would do that again as it was just too painful and also very pricey (over £100).

What I would say is that if you can find a very experienced electrolysist then that is the key, someone with many years experience will get as good a result as laser, in my case the result was better.

pilates Thu 08-Oct-09 15:58:43

Thanks Panacotta, I am also thinking of having electrolysis for hair removal - have you tried?

IsItMeOr Thu 08-Oct-09 16:33:00

Ooh, I've wondered about what works for red veins on face and legs. Pannacotta, where did you have your electrolysis done - can you recommend them?

Pannacotta Thu 08-Oct-09 17:22:25

I went to a small salon in Norwich called Trudis, if thats any help.

IsItMeOr Thu 08-Oct-09 18:36:14

Not for me sadly. Glad it worked for you though smile

ashbrook Thu 08-Oct-09 20:57:10

Hi Pilates,

I had electrolysis on my face for red veins a couple of years ago and it definitely worked. But.... it was rather painful I have to admit and I should have continued on for a few more sessions. The area around the nose was the most painful. The other thing is that nobody noticed but me !

A x

pilates Mon 12-Oct-09 12:09:30

Well I've had it done and it was quite painful - it made my eyes water. My face looks red with scratch marks at the moment.

dympnat Sat 15-Mar-14 21:03:53

Hi, can anyone tell me if it's normal after electrolysis in face for the fact to be very red for a day r two??it almost looks worse than before the red veins were removed...I'm hoping the redness will die own and the little scabs once gone will leave behind clear, non-red skin..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now