Talk

Advanced search

been sent an invite to a boden clearance

(5 Posts)
JamInMyWellies Tue 06-Oct-09 08:59:48

its tom. Has anyone been to one, am I insane to be going, is it a total bun fight?

SmallScrewCap Tue 06-Oct-09 09:14:13

I've been to 2, they are a bit bun-fighty, where people are terribly polite but stand firm in front of the size 14s box with elbows firmly out until they have thoroughly vetted each garment

Then again, I have spent about £50 at each one and come away with 4 or 5 really nice items. Try not to take DC if possible...

JamInMyWellies Tue 06-Oct-09 09:33:54

will have to take DS2 with me as have no childcare. Will chuck him in a sling and hope his smile clears a path. hmm wink

FimboFortunaFeet Tue 06-Oct-09 09:37:32

My neighbour went to one last year, she was trying on a velvet blazer, someone else came up to her and kept saying how awful it looked and she looked terrible in it, she kept hanging around my neighbour. Transpired she wanted it for herself!

SmallScrewCap Tue 06-Oct-09 10:59:46

Yes Fimbo I have noticed a lot of "advice" being dispensed in the Boden clearance changing rooms.

Watch out for "Oh, that dress looks LOVELY on you!" from the person who is hoping to nab the one you tried on 2 minutes ago and looked much better, but they kept quiet because they want it for themselves!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now