Talk

Advanced search

Fantasy shopping...

(11 Posts)
CarmenSanDiego Tue 06-Oct-09 07:20:41

I'm obsessed with this dress

Maybe it'll be in the sale... maybe....

Anyone else got a fantasy dress at the moment?

dexter73 Tue 06-Oct-09 07:35:45

I love this poncho. I don't know why as it looks really massive and unflattering! It just looks so cosy.

CarmenSanDiego Tue 06-Oct-09 08:09:08

OMG, 400 quid for a poncho. Love it

I guess if you wore it 80-odd times, it would only work out at a fiver per wear...

DorotheaPlentighoul Tue 06-Oct-09 08:20:41

I've spotted that poncho too. I bet it'll be in the sale - a snip at something like £250 hmm

Ah well, we can dream.

DorotheaPlentighoul Tue 06-Oct-09 08:21:50

Carmen, that link doesn't seem to give me a particular item, just the main website page. ?

dexter73 Tue 06-Oct-09 08:34:54

The poncho is a fantasy even at half price!

DorotheaPlentighoul Tue 06-Oct-09 08:36:13

<buys lottery ticket>

fishie Tue 06-Oct-09 08:41:33

crikey re poncho - note they talk of it in terms of investing not buying.

carmen, anthropologie is opening here in a few weeks, so your link takes me to the UK site which hasn't gone live yet. tell us more about dress...

fishie Tue 06-Oct-09 08:43:53

aha have found it. well it looks like a dishcloth on the first pic but i love it on an actual person.

CarmenSanDiego Tue 06-Oct-09 09:14:36

Ah, the dress on Anthropologie is the 'Whirling ruffles' grey sweater dress.

Maybe this picture might work?

It's a grey jersey dress with a V neck and a long band of 'ruffle' wrapped twice around at a slant - over the bust and then round the waist so that it pulls the waist in nicely and the ruffle trails down the side of the skirt.

I've been drooling at it in the shop - they have it displayed with a little cardy and a wide belt over the top and it looks gorgeous.

Anthropologie is wonderful - it even smells good and they have little baskets of painted doorknobs and things! So fun. (So expensive...)

tulpe Tue 06-Oct-09 09:44:36

oooh, nice dress Carmen.

Dexter - I like the poncho too.... but .......surely that is a hooded jumper not a poncho? My poncho has no sleeves nor hood hmm Mind you, it didn't cost £400 either

Oh, I get it now. Clearly, if I had paid the extra £340 I would have gotten me a hood and sleeves

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now