Talk

Advanced search

LK Bennett - anyone ordered online?

(15 Posts)
aarghhelp Mon 05-Oct-09 21:31:16

Have ssen some stuff on their website that I fancy, but the reviews of customer service are v. poor when googled. Anyone got any opinions on this?

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Mon 05-Oct-09 21:34:38

I had no problem whatsoever but I suspect that is because I had no problem IYSWIM!

A MNer recently had a nightmare with LK Bennet and a dress they claimed she had damaged. IIRC, she was not alone in having problems.

Frrrightattendant Mon 05-Oct-09 21:35:55

don't touch them

Dragon is right

tulpe Mon 05-Oct-09 21:40:55

Agree with others. Other MNer sounded like she had an awful time with them. Only buy if you are absolutely certain you love the item.

DreamsInBinary Mon 05-Oct-09 22:23:07

I've bought from them in July and had to return and they were fine, but that thread sticks in my mind (they were so unreasonable) and so I'd think carefully before doing so again.

moondog Mon 05-Oct-09 22:43:00

I bought a dress from them which is so beautiful and came so carefully packaaged it was a shame to break it open. Wore it for a big presentation and felt wonderful.

cornsilk Mon 05-Oct-09 22:45:51

I've been coveting a dress since August. I may succumb despite their bad reputation. Does anyone know if they usually have a sale before or after xmas?

CristinaTheAstonishing Tue 06-Oct-09 00:49:21

I don't know about the sale. I find their clothes a bit too heavy (as in weight). They don't do returns on sale items.

cornsilk Tue 06-Oct-09 06:43:36

No returns! Blimey!

EldonAve Tue 06-Oct-09 07:05:38

I bought sale shoes but they were damaged
Got my money back but they didn't refund the carriage iirc

I would only buy in store

Frrrightattendant Tue 06-Oct-09 07:10:17

Have they changed it? I got a sale dress in July and took it back the next morning - they were stroppy as fuck but it said on their desk you have a week to return sale stuff (I think?) It had a seam fault anyway thankfully or I'd have been stood there all day while they pretended not to know how to do returns hmm

aarghhelp Tue 06-Oct-09 08:47:39

Ta. vv helpful as they have some useful looking boots here in the sale. In my size! But very little in the way of useful measurements (calf size, length etc.) So no point getting unless I can exchange without hassle. And life is too short for all that arguing about returns.

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Tue 06-Oct-09 09:22:55

Unless you have narrow feet and calves, don't buy them.

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Tue 06-Oct-09 09:23:39

I do have narrow feet and calves and the boots and shoes I've bought from them fit perfectly where bog standard shoes etc are always too big.

HalloweenIsSofaKingScary Tue 06-Oct-09 09:24:35

I have one pair of LK Bennett boots which are v skinny on the calf. I have to do them up with a coat hanger!

Oh. And the buttons fell off them after 2 wears even though they cost £200 FFS.

Would never, ever buy there again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now