Talk

Advanced search

Nursing bras

(17 Posts)
Frrrightattendant Mon 05-Oct-09 19:41:59

Well I never thought this would occur but ds2 has reached the 28month mark (there is a mark? Yes there is grin) and my bras have become taty, grey, overstretchy in the elastic dept and just scratchy nasty horrid things I want to throw out the window.

They were never that great - mothercare twin pack I seem to recall, well a couple of twin packs, but lost one bra somehow so down to 3.

I'm not certain he is EVER going to self blardy wean, so need to get some more.

Can anyone recommend a fairly decent place to get a few? I am not wealthy so would need to be value item iyswim smile or sale etc...but I don't fancy m'care ones again.

Thanks.

MayorNaze Mon 05-Oct-09 19:43:12

nct. you can buy them online and quite often they have sale stuff for about £8-ish per bra

Frrrightattendant Mon 05-Oct-09 19:44:22

Actually decent nursing VESTS would be even better...that i could keep on at night without fastenings digging into my back!

Frrrightattendant Mon 05-Oct-09 19:50:03

oh really, thankyou!! Sorry I completely cross posted there Mayor smile

Have been wandering the net and found myself at a place called 'menstruation.com'

<scared>

Frrrightattendant Mon 05-Oct-09 19:54:42

sadly no bras on special on the NCT

unless you meant Nottingham City Transport grin

MayorNaze Mon 05-Oct-09 19:55:12

oh gosh. i'd stick to bras if i were you. unless you want to recycle the old ones into some sort of reusable san pro...hmm

PoisonToadstool Mon 05-Oct-09 19:55:38

H&M do nursing vests but not online (PITA really)

reALMediALemming Mon 05-Oct-09 19:55:56

To be honest I had trouble finding a comfy cheap one that wasn't a bikini top. Elle McPhearson do great maternity bras and is a great invetstment. Get 2 and never have to worry about sore boobs and back again. smile

MayorNaze Mon 05-Oct-09 19:55:57

of course thats what i meant - look in lost property! grin

PoisonToadstool Mon 05-Oct-09 19:59:33

Oh I had one of these from Mamaway which was v comfy at night

confuseddoiordonti Mon 05-Oct-09 19:59:41

Hot Milk - they aren't cheap, but they do often crop up (new) on Ebay

Frrrightattendant Mon 05-Oct-09 20:01:18

LOL and thankyou for the tips. I had two of those vest-with-inset-flap things from gap that held the boobs kind of secure-ish when I didn't want to wear a clippy bra (recurring blocked ducts etc, just sometimes better to go without!) but they are not enough on their own as I am a laundry renegade. Things were washed 3 weeks ago but fark knows where they ARE.

Reminds me of Jo brand. Triumph - the bra for the way you are'? Isambard Kingdom Brunel makes the bra for the way I am grin

traceybath Mon 05-Oct-09 20:03:50

best nursing vest

V supportive and gives you a good shape

Frrrightattendant Mon 05-Oct-09 20:05:55

Hmm can I justify an Elle Mac? Possibly not...tempting though!

I have a stack of old bras that don't undo. I could just force him to drink SMA actually and wear those again.

Frrrightattendant Mon 05-Oct-09 20:06:38

Oh I like that Tracey.

Frrrightattendant Mon 05-Oct-09 20:09:57

just looked at the hot milk ones, they are GORgeous! Bit too ££ at the mo but might have a look for sale ones.

Thankyou all x

traceybath Mon 05-Oct-09 20:11:38

They are brilliant frrright. I've got 2 white but may get another as wear them at night and in the day under tops.

If you get one though make sure you hand wash as other wise the straps go grey in that annoying way.

I've also got a bright pink nursing bra I bought from agent provocateur at bicester. Its gorgeous.

Must say I wasn't impressed by Elle Mac or Hot Milk ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now